ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Event Planner showing attendees from prior event

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/08/23 05:18 PM Views: 258 Replies: 5
Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at 5:18 PM

Hi Folks,
The problem we are experiencing is that we have previous event (or perhaps reunion) data showing up in the reporting for the latest event that was created.
Specifically registrant data from our 2016 reunion (event) is showing up in the reporting for the event we are currently planning.
We are able to filter them out by exporting the data from the Beta "Event Planner Reports-> Event Activities Report" into a google sheet and sorting by "Order Date: and then pruning out the old ones, but to keep a running total visible for the folks that want to see how we are progressing with registration, this requires doing this cumbersome process on a daily basis.
So.... questions...
Is it possible for me (or one of our other admins) to tweak the search such that it only shows current data? Or see just what we want to see?
If not, is it possible for us to prune the older data from the backing database?

And please do let me know if any of the above needs more clarification.

Response(s) much appreciated,

Larry

Notes:
This is similar to but different from the closest thread I found which is called "Reunion Planner showing attendees from prior event".

I just joined our Reunion Committee and became an admin on our site, so I'm a bit unclear as to the creation process used for this Event (sorry).

I'm also unclear if the prior reunion (2016) was created as an event or reunion, as I don't see it under the reunion section but I do see a 2011 reunion there. However, the 2011 reunion data is not reflected in the Event reporting.

Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at 5:45 PM - Response #1

Oops... Just watched the Event Planner Tutorial video. Shame on me for not watching sooner.

And it looks like all this data could be pruned individually from the "Event Planner Transactions" page.

This is a little annoying to have to do one at a time, but looks like it would be effective.

So the remaining question is just... is there a way to do all this in a single transaction.

Best regards,

Larry

Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at 6:35 PM - Response #2

Honestly, it sounds like you recycled the previous reunion event rather than start from scratch... which is how the system is designed. If you recycled reuse an old event, all the transaction data is attached to it and all attendees will show as coming. The best solution here is to start over, deactivate this event, refund any current transactions and begin fresh.

Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at 8:49 PM - Response #3

Thanks Scott! That's exactly what I think happened, but haven't been able to confirm that with folks that set it up.
The good news is that this event is free. The bad news is that we've already had ~40 folks and their guests already sign up for it.
The problem with doing the start over at this point, is having to make sure everyone that registered was re-registered successfully (and invisibly to avoid registrant confusion) for a replacement event. And doing that might be problematic/errorProne (unless there is an admin bulk register that would not automatically generate registered email). By the way does such a beast exist? I now know there is the single user admin register page, but it looks like that even with the show all it still is a single user registration process.

Note: I was really hoping for back end db access Smile so I could just tweak some foreign keys to make it all work and blithely ignore the old data. Though I'm sure there could be downstream consequences for that as well. This will be quite the adventure.

Wednesday, March 8, 2023 at 11:56 PM - Response #4

Hi Larry,

The prior event was definitely used again in this case. I can see the prior transactions under the Quick Links > Transactions.

We don't have a bulk way to copy over the registrations and unfortunately there isn't access to the data directly.

The best bet would be to create the new event. I would open up two tabs and copy and past the Event Information section, and the Activity details since it is all there for references for the new event. You can rename the old one "-old" to make it clear which one is which to any admin logging in to work on events.

For a free event it shouldn't take look long to add them all in since it starts with a search of the name and then selecting the name from the search to connect the selection to their profile. I would also keep the Transactions page open in two browsers so you can make sure you collect any details such as guest etc in the registration.

You could ask them to register again instead, however, I understand not wanting to ask the classmates to do that again if they have already done so.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 7:10 PM - Response #5

Thanks Jessica!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.