ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

MacIntosh

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/22/09 09:19 PM Views: 1227 Replies: 4
Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Would a MacIntosh user have any issues as an admistrator to our website? One of my classmates was going to help me scan and upload photos, but he's having some issues. Not sure if its just a user issue or because of the Mac?

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 10:45 PM - Response #1

The only issue your Mac admin will have is editing sites pages (this includes uploading images to pages) if the Admin is using the Safari web browser. If this is the case, have the Admin use Firefox for Mac instead of Safari and there will be no problems.

Our "FCK Editor" will be undergoing an upgrade after some new features we're working on now launch. At that time the editor will support the Mac Safari browser.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 10:45 PM - Response #2

The only issue your Mac admin will have is editing sites pages (this includes uploading images to pages) if the Admin is using the Safari web browser. If this is the case, have the Admin use Firefox for Mac instead of Safari and there will be no problems.

Our "FCK Editor" will be undergoing an upgrade after some new features we're working on now launch. At that time the editor will support the Mac Safari browser.

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 12:18 AM - Response #3

Just to confirm, I'm building out site HHS1964.com and most of the work has been done with a Mac, but I use a PC also. I thought I was going crazy because sometimes the WYSIWYG editor would come up and sometimes it wouldn't. Then I found out that you can't use WYSIWYG in Safari (for the Mac or the PC... yes, Virginia, there is a Safari for the PC.) If your administrator is proficient in HTML, he/she can use Safari and enter code. Some people prefer it like that. I tend to use whatever I have at the machine I'm on. I switch from Mac to PC without even thinking what I'm using... which is what confused me about the vanishing WYSIWYG interface.

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 1:06 AM - Response #4

Yep, makes sense. Just so it's clear, anyone can work in code view by pressing the Source button in the upper left corner of the editor. If you're running Safari or Google Chrome, that's the ONLY view you get. Until we upgrade to the new editor, that is, at which time everything should work the same on all browsers.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.