ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Classmate Verification

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/02/09 06:20 AM Views: 2178 Replies: 14
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 6:20 AM

I was seeing a list of new classmates that needed verification by me, the admin. The last 6-7 new classmates have not been on the list for verification. What does that mean for the security of the site? I don't think I changed anything that would effect the verification need. And does each new classmate need verifying? How much can the new classmate see/do before the verification process by the admin?

Virginia

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 11:42 AM - Response #1

You have enabled the New Classmate Verification feature fine, and it's also working fine. My guess is your other Site Administrator probably verified the last few new members.

Please go to your Preferences page and scroll down to the New Classmate Verification feature. We have a help link right there for you, which when clicked will take you to a writeup about the feature that explains what unverified Classmates can and can't do.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 5:29 PM - Response #2

But I am the Root Admin, I thought only the Root Admin could use the preferences page? Did I read that wrong?

Virginia

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM - Response #3

Virginia,

Only the Root Admin can access the Preferences page, but if I understand correctly, any Admin can verify a new member.

Edited 06/02/09 5:50 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 6:19 PM - Response #4

Hi - my question is not bout new classmate verification, but rather how did you write your name like that? Do you have a website link I could go to in order to do the same thing? It's awesome........

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 6:26 PM - Response #5

Hi Betsy,

I got the signature gif here:

http://www.longbraid.com/Sigs_AnimatedQuill.html

Edited 06/02/09 6:28 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 8:08 PM - Response #6

Marian Wright wrote:

Virginia,

Only the Root Admin can access the Preferences page, but if I understand correctly, any Admin can verify a new member.

Correct. Only the Root Admin can activate the New Classmate Verification feature, but all admins will see Classmates awaiting verification in the gray box in the upper right corner of the home page after logging in. By clicking the verification link in that gray box, sub Admins can verify members.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM - Response #7

Got it!! Thanks everyone for your replies!

Virginia

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM - Response #8

Brad Switzer wrote:

... all admins will see Classmates awaiting verification in the gray box in the upper right corner of the home page after logging in. By clicking the verification link in that gray box, sub Admins can verify members.

This information is not correct. Only the Root Admin can see Classmates awaiting verification in the gray box and only the root Admin can verify new members.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM - Response #9

Apparently we changed that. Smile

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 11:01 AM - Response #10

I wondered about that... You are not usually wrong about the way your services work! Wink

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 10:55 AM - Response #11

Brad-I must be missing something here. I don't see on my Preferences page anything about a New Classmate Verification feature.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM - Response #12

Tina Leeper (Site Admin) wrote:

Brad-I must be missing something here. I don't see on my Preferences page anything about a New Classmate Verification feature.

Tina, look for this section

NEW CLASSMATE ACCESS RIGHTS

ALLOW new subscribing Classmates to immediately see any password protected areas of the web site, access any Profiles that have been restricted to viewing by only fellow Classmates, post messages in message forums, and display new Classmate's Profile information.

DO NOT ALLOW new subscribing Classmates to view password protected areas of the web site, access any restricted Classmate Profiles, post messages in message forums, and hide Profile information from other Classmates until the new Classmate's identity has been verified and confirmed. (Note: If you select this option, a new "Verified" field will appear in the Classmate's Profile area that only you, the Site Administrator, can see. When a new Classmate joins your site and the Classmate's identify has been confirmed, toggle the "Verified" field to "yes". The default will remain "no" until you do this. Once toggled to "yes" the new Classmate will be granted access to restricted areas of your site.

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 11:21 AM - Response #13

I went ahead and changed the verbiage from NEW CLASSMATE ACCESS RIGHTS to NEW CLASSMATE VERIFICATION since that's how we typically refer to the feature.

Edited 09/24/09 11:22 AM
Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 11:57 AM - Response #14

Got it now, thank you both!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.