ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Countdown Clock for event on Home page?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/20/17 01:39 PM Views: 1586 Replies: 7
Monday, February 20, 2017 at 1:39 PM

Is there a simple method of adding a countdown clock to my Home page? When I set an event up years ago there were some standard feature recommendations (like countdown clock) that I could apply (HTML)easily(copy & paste) but today I don't find these things. Thanks for any help!

Edited 02/20/17 2:45 PM
Monday, February 20, 2017 at 7:53 PM - Response #1

Can you pass it on?

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM - Response #2

You can google countdown widget and find several. I've used Time and Date.com with good results. Copy and paste under "Source."

Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 5:51 PM - Response #3

I am trying to add/post my very first countdown clock for our upcoming reunion. I went to the website suggested above for a free download. It all seemed straight forward. However, when I copy and paste the HTML code the site created/provided it doesn't work on my Homepage or any other of the pages I've created. All that shows up on my page is iframe and then an extremely large blank section of nothing. I've looked all through FAQs on the timeanddate website. What am I doing wrong?

Edited 07/01/18 5:53 PM
Monday, July 2, 2018 at 10:46 AM - Response #4

When you copy code to paste onto any page of your site, when you are in the Editor Window, you need to be sure to click the SOURCE button in the upper left corner of the tool bar. Doing so will switch the editor to HTML view where you can safely paste your code. Once pasted, save your changes and go to the page to review.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 4:01 PM - Response #5

Meg,

I'm seeing your countdown calendar. Looks like 23 days 3 hours and five minutes and 47 seconds when I checked.

You may not be able to see it in a "Preview" page, you might have to view the page by saving and actually opening your Home Page. For some reason, some external things don't show in the preview.

Best of luck with your Reunion!

Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 4:35 PM - Response #6

The last post messed up this forum. I was only able to post this from Edge where I was not logged in and via that route was able to post this.

I imagine some of the other posts came the same way?

Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 7:53 PM - Response #7

To add a very simple countdown clock to any age in days only (no hours, minutes or seconds), edit the page by adding something like:

Our event begins in $yyyy-mm-dd$ days.

The above is off by one day, so you will need to add one day to the actual date.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.