ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Enter video on announcement page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/30/19 02:16 PM Views: 416 Replies: 4
Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 2:16 PM

Is it possible to upload a video from my files (not a you- tube file) to the announcement page of the website?

Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 6:18 PM - Response #1

And have it play like a YouTube video? Edit - YES, for HTML5 browsers (all new browsers are).

If your video is not too large, can work. CC has an upload size limit (or used to anyway). It can take up all your File Vault space for larger videos.

[Edit, I just realized that the new HTML5 enabled browsers make this very easy now vs very hard before. See post later to see how it works.]

Edited 07/01/19 12:11 PM
Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 7:08 PM - Response #2

alrob,

Why not create your own YouTube channel and upload your video to it? Then you can create a link to your YouTube video on the announcement page of your site.

Edited 06/30/19 10:59 PM
Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 10:21 PM - Response #3

If one didn't want to play it just like a YouTube video and transfer to another page then you CAN upload it to the File Vault and the user can download it to play. It should be an MP4 file. Maybe other formats but MP4 works for sure.

This of course takes a lot of space for large videos. I forget what the maximum upload size is for CC, so you might run into a size issue there too.

Here's a sample page to show how that works

Monday, July 1, 2019 at 12:06 PM - Response #4

I just realized that JVideoplayer actually can play a video uploaded to the file vault. It's just like an MP3 in terms of code. But here's a shorter version that used the key portion of the code to just play a video. Nothing else required.

Look at the source to see how it's done. Pretty simple.

This PAGE now has both the download version (simplest and easiest) and with the added code to also play a video directly on the page.

I never bothered to add that since videos can quickly consume all of your File Vault space.

Edited 07/01/19 12:07 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.