ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Contact Us question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/05/10 02:41 PM Views: 1626 Replies: 5
Friday, February 5, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I am a co-administrator of a school site, when you click on Contact Us, my name and email is in there.

I'd rather it be the administrator of the site. How do I put in her name and email address? I went to edit pages, then Contact Us, but, couldn't find a place to change the contact information.

Thank you, Lynda

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 2:56 PM - Response #1

Lynda Laughner wrote:

I am a co-administrator of a school site, when you click on Contact Us, my name and email is in there.

I'd rather it be the administrator of the site. How do I put in her name and email address? I went to edit pages, then Contact Us, but, couldn't find a place to change the contact information.

Thank you, Lynda

Lynda,

The fields you are seeing are those fields that the ADMIN needs to know about who is trying to contact them. In this case it is YOU, so Class Creator fills it in for you.

Since you are logged in, it fills in your information because the site knows it is YOU trying to contact the admin.

When you log out of the site, the CONTACT US doesn't know these fields, so it left blank and the person trying to contact the admin needs to fill in those fields.

When a classmate tries to CONTACT US, their information is filled in for them (if they are logged in).

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 3:06 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle

I understand now...

So if someone contacts us, does the message go to both administrators ?

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 3:16 PM - Response #3

I am not sure, but I think it does.

When the Admin Rights module comes out later this year, it should allow you to set up who is the admin who receives the CONTACT US messages (and much more).

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 3:26 PM - Response #4

Thank you..

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 3:43 PM - Response #5

Lynda,

Just to further what Kyle has said, the way things are currently, any/all admins receive every "contact us" message from classmates. Each of you receive notices of "bounced mail" as well.

I'm really looking forward to when CC launches their updated page features in this area. My other admins each have specific jobs and answering classmate e-mails or handling bounced e-mails are not one of them and sometimes causes a lot of extra work for me.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.