ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to modify the fields in contact info

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/09/09 11:35 AM Views: 1268 Replies: 3
Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I was building site for my classmates for reunion. And i wanted to add my own fields like Current Address, Permanent Address, and wanted to remove unwanted fields like Children, spouses etc. How can i do it?

Also i have a personal domain already www.simplyfy.co.in, can i host the whole thing there?

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM - Response #1

Short answer, no. Class Creator is a custom system that exists on multiple web servers and runs on multiple software applications. Even if we allowed hosting at other places you'd spend about 50 grand just getting it all set up. Thus no, you'll need to host here. If you want to use your domain name just point your A record to 69.41.171.62.

I think you're getting Contact Details confused with Profiles. Contact Details cannot be changed, but are standard. Name, address, phone, etc. What can be changed is Profiles, such as Spouses, Children, etc. that you allued to. Just click on your "Profile Generator" link and have at it. You can deactivate any of the default questions or reword them, and you can add unlimited questions of your own.

Edited 09/09/09 12:11 PM
Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM - Response #2

Thanks brad for the quick answer. I have another question, i have setup the site and now i want to spread the link to my friends. But it seems they can't register unless i have added their names. How can i enable any one to login and register and i can moderate their details behind. I don't know their mail address too..

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 3:12 PM - Response #3

You have to add names in advance. Although a little tedious to kick things off, trust me you want to do it this way. Various reasons for this are listed in our FAQs. Your whole site will swing into action far faster if you do it, rather than letting people try and add themselves. The system allows Missing Classmates to be easily invited by others, the system maintains your Missing Classmate list for you, and a variety of other things.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.