ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Redirecting existing domain name

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/12/12 06:20 PM Views: 4686 Replies: 9
Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM

First post here...I understand content management pretty well but a little baffled on Web dns options.

Thru register.com, we purchased a domain name several years ago. The website it was pointed to is kaput but now we have class creator (yeah!!). We own the domain name thru 2015 and would like to use it for Class Creator.

So, is there a simple way to tell register.com that when someone types in our domain name that it redirects to our class site on Class Creator? An IP address?

I've read about transferring the registration to classnames.net but don't know if that's required or suggested.

Appreciate any help on a starting point...

Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM - Response #1

Nancy,

If you wish to point your domain name directly to your Class Creator web site, please go into your domain manager at your existing Registrar and add the following IP address to the A record: 69.41.171.62. This will link your domain name to your Class Creator web site. If you need assistance please call your Registrar by phone and read them the above instructions and they will be able to assist you. Please note that the ONLY thing you need to change at your Registrar is your A record. You do not need to change anything else, such as nameservers. After you've done this log into your class web site, click the "Register Domain" link, and type in your domain name and then click the Activate Domain Name button. This will link up your domain name from your Registrar to your Class Creator web site and you'll be all set.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 9:53 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle, that worked perfectly. We are off and running.

Saturday, May 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM - Response #3

glad it worked

Monday, June 23, 2014 at 11:51 PM - Response #4

Would it be good to add this to FAQs? I was able to find and use it to point a domain moments ago.

Edited 07/13/14 3:18 PM
Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 5:39 PM - Response #5

Is it the same IP address for everyone? We are RHS1969.net, RHS1969.org, and RHS1969.info.

Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 5:47 PM - Response #6

Hi David,

I'm going to email specifics to you. Where you point will vary. I will gather the details and email you the specifics for your group of domains.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, January 7, 2022 at 6:56 AM - Response #7
A4 - Cordell screenshot Namecheap - Classcreator.jpg

Hi, Jessica or other person.

I haven't received the email.

I spent a long time with my new domain name registrar yesterday to try to get my domains to point to my ClassCreator site. I'm not sure what went wrong, but it's not working. I am attaching a screenshot of the re-direct page for RHS1969.net. Is something wrong at Namecheap or is there something that needs to be done at your end?

Thanks.
David

Friday, January 7, 2022 at 8:26 AM - Response #8

Hi David,

I sent it again to the AOL address we have on file.

You can email me at info@classcreator.com if you want it to go to another email address.

Jessica

Friday, January 7, 2022 at 5:13 PM - Response #9

David, https://www.rhs1969.net/class_index.cfm is working.

Sometimes you have to clear a browsers' cache to get data updated. And sometimes one has to wait a bit for it to propagate.

Anyway, here in the PWN it works.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.