ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory Pictures Question

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/29/09 03:17 AM Views: 1790 Replies: 5
Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 3:17 AM

Hi, Is there any information in the Forum or FAQ on how to set up and use the In Memory page? I've been uploading Sr. Yearbook Photos to my site, including those already listed as deceased (some of whom already have written responses by classmates). I've done this for everyone by adding the Sr. Photos to their Profiles (via Add Yearbook Photo under Manage Classmates, although I eventually did figure out I could edit and add the photo within the In Memory page itself). But in both cases, I see that the In Memory photos are shown inside an otherwise empty box -- is this box reserved for obituaries like I am reading about on the Help Forum? I have no obituaries, although I'm sure I will in the future. But for now, there's just this bunch of space to the left of the deceased's photo and it is no longer obvious that there are written respones posted by some of our classmates (unless the classmate knows to scroll down to find them). I'm wondering, though, if there is any way to have the Sr. yearbook pictures in the In Memory page display similarly to how they are displayed in Profiles instead of inside this box or is this just how it works? Thanks, Elaine

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 4:20 AM - Response #1

You are correct, that is how this section is set up. The top box is reserved for an obit or Admin comments about the Classmate. You'll find other Classmates helpful in supplying content here if you ask, so you don't wind up with just a photo and an empty box.

It should be easy for Classmates to see at a glance which In Memory entries have comments. Every deceased Classmate with a comment has a red rose next to his or her name on your Classmate Profiles page.

Edited 10/29/09 4:21 AM
Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10:50 AM - Response #2

Hi Elaine,
Yes you can have the senior picture added to the In Memory page by following these steps:

Go to "Edit Site Pages"
Go to "In Memory Page"
Find the classmate and click "Edit"
In the "Edit In Memory Details Page" you can then click the box that says "Link to Profile" and their Sr. Portrait picture will attach.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 7:30 AM - Response #3

Because I didn't want all the white space either, and because there are a lot of people I didn't have info on, I put a note for each one that says:

If you have information on the passing of this classmate, please contact us.
This may include the obituary, date and place of death, etc., which we would like
to include.

Thank you.

Since our site is "school alumni" there are 45 years of students! This note has prompted a lot of other classmates to start offering information! It'll take a while to get info on everyone, but its a start!!

Good luck!
Barb

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM - Response #4

How do I get the Admin comments in that top box? I only see a "Post Response" and that adds a whole new box.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 11:26 AM - Response #5

Got it figured out! No need to reply.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.