ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/14/08 09:42 PM Views: 1570 Replies: 7
Friday, November 14, 2008 at 9:42 PM

On the In Memory page, is it supposed to send me a notification when someone enters a classmate as deceased? I am not receiving any notification. I only knew about it because the person also sent me an email and mentioned they had added someone as deceased.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 1:23 AM - Response #1

Hi Patti,

Did another administrator add the classmate as deceased? Administrators are the only ones who have the ability to make edits to the In Memory page. No notification is sent when an In Memory page is updated. We do have a task list item that will allow classmates to subscribe to In Memory posts.

If you are instead referring to an instance where a classmate submitted an In Memory Contact Form and you did not receive that form you will want to make sure you have postmaster@classcreator.net white-listed in your email program.

Monday, December 8, 2008 at 9:54 AM - Response #2

I got the email from a classmate who filled out the IN MEMORY form/notification.

What am I supposed to do next? How do I approve it?

Monday, December 8, 2008 at 10:37 AM - Response #3

It's not something you approve. You need to create your own In Memory entries using the info providedby the Classmate.

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your In Memory page
3) Add Classmate to deceased list
4) Create entry using visual editor.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 6:20 PM - Response #4

Is it possible to change the view of the Memory Page. I am thankful we have only a few names on it right now. I would like it to be viewed without the "Years" title and instead of the list have the postings open when you open the page (all of the deceased on one page.)

Edited 12/13/08 9:30 PM
Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 9:30 PM - Response #5

We'll be adding a sort feature there so viewers can sort by last name, or year. It will still be a list of names on the main page though. If you want to create a comprehensive In Memory page containing all Classmates and all data you'll need to use one of your 8 available Customizable Links pages.

Monday, April 4, 2011 at 9:54 PM - Response #6

Hi Brad, I have been adding names from the email In Memory Notice received...The name appears but all other data is blank...Any reason or setting I need to change that is missing?

Regards,
Paula

Monday, April 4, 2011 at 11:47 PM - Response #7

No, the e-mail is just that - an e-mail. The information isn't in the system. You need to copy/paste or retype the information.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.