ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Creating a link in a classmates profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/15/10 05:32 PM Views: 1417 Replies: 4
Saturday, May 15, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I keep trying to make "active" a classmate's attempt to put a link in their personal profile. The classmates name is Virginia Burke (Swanson). I know the profile is a text box and I have read the help forums on links but I keep failing to make her link "active" to

http://www.tramoreirish.com/

Can you help me and also provide me step by step feedback as to what steps you exactly took?
Thanks
Rich

Saturday, May 15, 2010 at 6:59 PM - Response #1

I did it for you, please go in and look at the code to see how I did it. I'm just curious however, why did you disable the Home Page default question? That question is already set up for links like this and they automatically become links for you -- it's all built in. If you put in people's home page links in other fields then you have to do it the hard way (i.e. code the link yourself).

Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 10:14 AM - Response #2

Kyle - Thank you very much for correcting the problem for me. However, I still need to ask another question. I don't understand the statement you made immediately below

"I'm just curious however, why did you disable the Home Page default question? That question is already set up for links like this and they automatically become links for you -- it's all built in."

What do you mean that I have disabled the Home Page default question? I'm missing something here. And where and how would I go about correcting this?

Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 11:09 AM - Response #3

That was BRAD. This is now KYLE.

Brad is talking about question number 13 in the profile generator. It is called "Home Page". You have it disabled. If a classmate puts their website link in this place, it automatically becomes a link.

Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 7:24 PM - Response #4

Thanks Kyle and my apologies to Brad. I believe I now get it. You guys are very helpful. I guess I learn better by having someone show me something.Very HappyLaughing

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.