ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding more Customizable Pages

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/14/08 07:08 PM Views: 1552 Replies: 7
Friday, November 14, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Brad,

Are there any plans in the future to be able to add more customizable pages as needed? I found a great walkthrough for planning a reunion as well as setting up and maintaining a website, and there are tons of page ideas included, but I don't have enough cutomizable pages to include everything that I would like to include. I only have one customizable page left and I am holding off using it in case I come up with a better page.

Thanks for everything!

Vicki

Friday, November 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM - Response #1

Absent that you can put more than one item on a page. For example, I had separate pages for the forty fifth and fiftieth reunions but decided to combine them along with all the others on one page called Reunions. It worked out well for me.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 1:14 AM - Response #2

Hi Vicki,

We do plan to allow for additional customizable pages in the future. It's on the task list, currently behind several more high priority tasks.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 9:16 AM - Response #3

Brad, that's music to my ears! No hurry here, i was just curious. In the meantime, I can combine some topics, but I hate to do that. It's just me...I like everything to have it's own page!

Thanks again!

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 10:04 AM - Response #4

Vicki Martin wrote:

It's just me...I like everything to have it's own page!

Me too, but I could get by (and the site navigation links would look less cluttered) if there was a way to link from one page to an anchor in a different page. I've explored this, but can't find a way to do it... Is this possible?

For example, I would put all the necessary (but boring) content for help, how-to, privacy, etc., all onto one sub-page (inactive) and then link to the applicable anchor from my active pages where appropriate.

I hate to have content buried at the bottom of a long page, which is the main reason I don't want to combine my pages too much.

Thanks!
Terry

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 10:56 AM - Response #5

Sure you can do that. On any page where you want the anchor, just click the anchor icon to name your anchor. Then on any other page use the link icon to create a link back to your original page, and at the end of your link put in #anchorname. Simple as that.

How do you get the full page name to link to? Preview it live then copy the link from your address bar. Then create your link back to that page.

For example, if you have a page called whatever.html, and on the whatever.html page you have an anchor called anchor, your link from the other page would look like this:

http://www.yoursite.com/whatever.html#anchor

Edited 01/23/09 10:57 AM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 12:29 PM - Response #6

Oh, that is excellent news!
It'll take a little work but I should be able to free up a couple of pages now.

Thanks as always Brad!
You rock!!!!Very Happy

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 8:52 AM - Response #7

Vicki. I was looking at your site, can I ask you how you got the password protection right away?
I am having a neighborhood reunion and am sold out and don't want anyone to see it right now, people say that they are coming and crashing it but I have all the information on the home page.. I appreciate your advice. thanks Karen Naids

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.