ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Email bouncebacks

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/01/15 08:01 AM Views: 2056 Replies: 29
Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 8:01 AM

I've been getting several email bouncebacks lately. I've talked to other administrators and they too are getting them.. After contacting the classmates, it seems like the email address is correct, but, the classmate has not logged on for a long time. If a classmate is not very active on the website, does their email address drop off or something ? This does cause confusion and some of my classmates who are on the active list, won't log on because of the email issue.. Even I can't re-enter their email address for them and get them off of the bounceback list.

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 9:23 AM - Response #1

Email bouncebacks can happen for a variety of reasons. For example, if their email server is down for a brief time when the email tries to be sent, the system will generate a bounceback. If their email account mailbox is full, the system will generate a bounceback. If you believe that an email bounceback is not valid after you review the contents (usually the last few lines tells the reason), let us know and we can delete the bounceback from the system.

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 10:37 AM - Response #2

I've just stood up my site, but this is happening to me, too. I haven't had time to investigate, but will do so now. Thanks for posting this.

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 11:39 AM - Response #3

I have had the same problems for too long. Please "Unbounce" the following on my Limestone Community High School site.

Larry P.
Richard H.
Kenneth B.
Larry H.
Kenneth M.

Edited 11/01/15 12:00 PM
Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 12:01 PM - Response #4

Hi Lee,

I cleared all of them except or Richard H. His bounce shows the following details: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 5:18 PM - Response #5

Jessica, please clear Gene O'Reilly from my bounce back list. I'm sure of this one..he's my brother-in-law!
Thanks, Camille

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 5:36 PM - Response #6

Hi Jessica,
Could you clear the following for bounce backs?
Harry Sheets
Jeff Eberle
Gordon Clidence
Joan Marsh
Paul Straesser
Donald Greeno
Joyce Laughner
Donald Goodnight
Carol Harrison

Thanks,
Sarah Brown

Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 8:02 PM - Response #7

Thanks for the help. There should be an easier way for us Admin types to do this.

Lee Gilmore

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 9:55 AM - Response #8

Hi Jessica, I have spoken to both Carol Kaplan and Hal Eten and their email addresses have not changed, so please fix the bounce backs for them too. I would rather do it myself actually, but thanks for your help. Please let me know when it is done. Thanks.

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 10:39 AM - Response #9

I've cleared both. Carol may need to whitelist noreply@classcreator.net as an approved or safe sender. The bounce shows that her settings did not allow the message to come through.

Classmates can clear their own bounces. When they login they will see a notice if they have a bounced email. They can review their bounce and they can send themselves a verification email to clear the bounce.

Bounces can happen for many reasons (mailbox over quota, mailbox no longer exists, etc.) If the mailbox is over quota the classmate must clear the overage on their own email account before they can accept additional emails. If the email box no longer exists the classmate can enter a new valid email address which instantly clears the bounce as the bounce would be related to the old address.

If the classmate can not clear the bounce we can take a look.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 3:11 PM - Response #10

Jessica, thanks for your help. The process for clearing bounce backs is cumbersome and too complicated for most of us of an age. We really need a simpler way to accomplish this. I think there should be a way for the classmate to log back in and reset it or we should be able to do it for them.
By the way, did you clear Gene O'Reilly too?
Thanks again,
Camille

Monday, November 2, 2015 at 3:31 PM - Response #11

They only need to click one link to send themselves a verification email and then click the email to clear it.

I cleared the last one but they had the following note on the bounce so it will likely bounce again unless they change their settings

sYour mail could not be delivered because the recipient is not accepting
mail with embedded images.

Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 5:11 PM - Response #12

I've had a number of 'email bounceback' problems with our upcoming reunion. While sending out a final 'update' on the Reunion this coming weekend, most of those I'd helped 're-verify' their email with, are still on the list. The 'simple' link (we can't see to describe) does not work well for many - and is cumbersome at best. Not allowing Admin Folks the ability to 'Clear' a known good email address makes ZERO sense, please provide us with the ability to do this. Creating a list to send to you for the simple task while working within the system adds time and effort - while often busy doing other important work on our Website.

Saturday, November 7, 2015 at 8:26 PM - Response #13

Rex,

While most admins would not abuse this power, there would be some admins that would always delete all of the bounces and so the same email addresses would continue to bounce, causing red flags at the email service providers. Since all emails come from the noreply@ClassCreator.net email address, these red flags would put ClassCreator on all of the SPAM senders list and pretty soon all emails from the system would be flagged as SPAM and no emails would be delivered. We can't risk doing that.

Sunday, November 8, 2015 at 12:11 PM - Response #14

Well, the current system is not working. Out of about 25 people, I've had two successfully 're-verify' their emails and get of the bounce list. I've got registered ticket holders for our Reunion next week, who remain on the 'bounce' list - who haven't figured out how to get off of the bounce list. I've asked them to delete their email and re-add their email, they remain on the bounce list, I've deleted their email and re-added their email, they're still on the bounce list. Every single one of them has an AOL address (that should give you a clue as to why this is difficult). Wherever your 'link' to re-verify is showing up, it's not obvious enough Not having 'seen' it, I can't direct people through the process. Why some people have such a difficult time with these easy steps, I will forever remain clueless, however - there must be a more helpful method for Admins to address this issue. I've sent emails directly to these 'bounced' addresses via my personal gmail - they don't bounce and I get replies, and have forwarded your 'instructions' - (copy/pasted) - again, two out of about 25, have managed the process, both actually changed their email addresses completely. The list of 'non' AOL address, were and remain legit, bounces - a few of those we've reached via other methods for updates.

Would you please clear:
Cynthia Tucker
Miriam Copeman
Vickie McHugh
Debi Eklund
Sanford Pederson
Lonnie Dawson
James Haynes
Ken McArthur
Hathily Johnson
Christina Bigger
Bruce Munn
Nancy Mullins
Jeffrey Lohmann
Kevin Frye
Kathy Cope

Monday, November 9, 2015 at 3:50 PM - Response #15

Hi Rex,

I'm sending you a private email to go over several details related to your dedicated platinum email.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 3:55 PM - Response #16

I had 3 bouncebacks in the past couple of days and one is for my email address! Don't understand the reason given and I'm getting some, if not all, notifications. All addresses are good and have worked for several years. Could you please take a look for me?

Thanks,
Debbie

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 4:22 PM - Response #17

OK, bounces deleted.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 10:48 AM - Response #18

Sorry to have to continue this thread. I have received a couple of bouncebacks the last several days for one person. I ignored the first one but when it happened again I decided to send an e-mail to him myself. It worked, his e-mail has not changed. He told me that he got an e-mail yesterday from our Website saying his e-mail was invalid. As far as I know it's been good for years, just started with the bouncebacks. Could someone please take a look at it for me?

Name:
Darwin Thomas

Thank You!!
Dave

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM - Response #19

One of the addresses you cleared has bounced again. Exactly, what does the message below mean? It's the same for all that have bounced this week. I'm also wondering why I continued to receive notifications even though it said my email had bounced.

Bounceback

Date   12/02/15 11:41 AM
Name   NANCY xxxxxxxxx
Email   xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
From   MAILER-DAEMON@mail.class-creator.net (Mail Delivery System)
Subject   Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail
Body   
: mail transport unavailable

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 11:00 PM - Response #20

Dave, bounceback cleared.

Debbie, it means the mail was undelivered for some random reason. Bounceback cleared.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 10:38 AM - Response #21

This is a new glitch which applies to the following registered website classmates. Please clear the following classmates for bouncebacks. Their e-mail addresses are valid - other than e-mail sent from our website, all are receiving e-mail & have whitelisted. I have spoken to each classmate. Please let me know when bouncebacks are cleared. Thank you.

Mark O'Donnell      
Carolyn Manning   
Mary Anne (Molly) Redick (Hoagland)   
Grace Cray (Oberholtzer)   
Dan Callahan

Edited 12/03/15 10:42 AM
Friday, December 4, 2015 at 7:58 AM - Response #22

Elena, You only have to enter your request in one place. I already answered this in a different forum thread.

Friday, December 4, 2015 at 11:25 AM - Response #23

Kyle - since my post was at the bottom, wasn't sure if tech support would read it - that's why I posted on the other forum. Thanks for helping out!

Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 2:27 PM - Response #24

Hi Kyle, please clear Bonnie Hildebrand (Haynes) from the Los-Altos-California-1962 site. It clears from the home page, but not from the email the class page.
Thanks, Mike

Edited 05/22/16 2:28 PM
Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 5:13 PM - Response #25

Mike - OK I cleared it.

Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 11:13 PM - Response #26

Awesome, as always, Kyle!

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 9:15 AM - Response #27

Bounceback: Please clear Mary Lou Belding - her email address is valid and I spoke with her. Thank you.

Edited 06/07/16 9:39 AM
Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 12:04 PM - Response #28

I removed her bounce and completed a support ticket at AOL asking for more information as to why it was bouncing.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 12:32 PM - Response #29

Thank you, Jessica.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.