ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Javascript incompatible with Message Forum?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/16/11 11:25 AM Views: 1325 Replies: 1
Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I got the following email re javascript and its compatibility with the Message Forum, and I don't know if anyone has experienced a similar problem and I don't have an example of what Joel was trying to post.

"Pat,
I have discovered that our message forum is not compatible with javascript. The javascript will initially show on your computer when you post something with javascript but if you leave the message forum and then return to the site the javascript content will result in the image to being blank. This explains why people sometimes have problems posting things to our site, the things they try to post use javascript. I am not sure how to know when something that you try to post has javascript but if things run into the problem that I described it is probably due to javascript. I am not sure if there is any point in posting this informtion for others to view. We can remember it and can explain to our classmates if they ask us about such a problem that it is due to javascript which can not be displayed through the softare used for our message forum.
Joel"

Edited 01/16/11 11:25 AM
Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 1:22 PM - Response #1

I'd be happy to look at a particular thread/post. It doesn't make sense it would show one time and not when you come back. What I can tell you about JavaScript is we only allow limited JavaScript anywhere on the site. Usually regular embedded objects, etc. are fine, but we limit a lot of the higher level JavaScript programming commands for security purposes. I'm not sure if this is affecting the post in question or not but if you provide a date and time for the post we'll take a look.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.