ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding a Link to a pdf file on a page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/04/10 10:55 PM Views: 1400 Replies: 2
Thursday, February 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM

For some of our less computer literate classmates, it's been suggested to have our registration form that contains all the Reunion pricing and registration information on it on our website so they can click on a link and download a Pdf version of the form and print it on their home printers and fill it out and mail it back to the Treasure with their payments for Reunion Tickets.

Rather then wasting an entire page for the form itself, is there a way I can put a link on a page to the actual pdf ducument, so when classmates click on the link the resulting pdf document opens up in a separate window allowing the classmate to print it out?

Any Help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Brian

Thursday, February 4, 2010 at 11:15 PM - Response #1

Hope you don't mind if I just refer you to this link

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=E0630818-BA9C-9315-55EBBD01AC88FF51#E0630818-BA9C-9315-55EBBD01AC88FF51

Thursday, February 4, 2010 at 11:31 PM - Response #2

Brian Bentson wrote:

For some of our less computer literate classmates, it's been suggested to have our registration form that contains all the Reunion pricing and registration information on it on our website so they can click on a link and download a Pdf version of the form and print it on their home printers and fill it out and mail it back to the Treasure with their payments for Reunion Tickets.

Rather then wasting an entire page for the form itself, is there a way I can put a link on a page to the actual pdf ducument, so when classmates click on the link the resulting pdf document opens up in a separate window allowing the classmate to print it out?

Any Help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Brian

Hi Brian, that's exactly what we've done with our registration & ticket purchasing (although I'd have preferred an online registration & payment through CC). Click on the following link to get to our 40 Year Reunion page.

What you'll see is that part way down the page, a (rather large) thumbnail version of the form (I could've made it smaller I guess). There are instructions on how to save the form to their PC to print later, or they can just click on it to display the PDF form in their browser and print it off right away.

I can recreate it using BBCode:

Anyways, this is confirmation that you can do it with the CC Visual Editor, specifically the "image" and "link" functions, although you *could* skip the thumbnail image and just use a textual link. [Update: the details are in the link that Kyle posted in his reply]

I hope that helps.

Edited 02/04/10 11:32 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.