ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

sending invite

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/18/12 06:24 PM Views: 1239 Replies: 6
Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Is there any way we can have a notice sent to us that, when an invite is emailed to a person, that we get notified IF the email is undeliverable?

Friday, October 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM - Response #1

We don't notify admins when someone uses the invite feature, but you want to be notified that someone has used it iff the recipient address is bad? The only use for that would be if you had an email address for someone and hadn't made that determination yourself, which would only mean you hadn't really been trying. Wink

Friday, October 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM - Response #2

OK! It is my understanding that emails issued through the class site will either complete the route or show up as a reject email for whatever reason. Correct? IF so be the case, an administrator can test the email from a different personal email client (gmail, yahoo, hotmail or so on). One reason for original objection is that the target email client rejects any commercial looking email as spam or suspicious. Using a personal email will bypass that restriction. This does not violate any rules or does it?

Friday, October 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM - Response #3

Personal emails may also be blocked if they look spammy. In any case, the invite feature specifically does NOT provide the site admin the recipient's email address in order that the invitee doesn't have their email address given to a third party unless they want it to be, which respects a basic tenet of privacy.

Friday, October 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM - Response #4

Personal emails are blocked usually if attachments in the email are not accepted. Otherwise I would not know. Anyway, how are invitees contacted if not by a known email. Ground mail? Word of mouth? Maybe I am confused about the invitee situation here being discussed.

Monday, October 22, 2012 at 10:26 AM - Response #5

We are referring to a feature on the website which allows any visitor to the site to have the site send an email with content defined by the root admin to any arbitrary email address, inviting the recipient to join the site.

Friday, October 26, 2012 at 2:41 PM - Response #6

In our particular case, we tried MANY time the
MISSING CLASSMATES, Send Invite feature, only to discover* that the email address was not even a valid email address to begin with! Sad
* {I finally 'tested' that email address, and discovered THEN that the email was NOT a valid email account!]

No big deal, except I was getting frustrated with the person not so much as acknowledging us, and they weren't even getting the notice in the first place.

[you can lead a horse to water - - - etc. ]

Have a great weekend!

P-O-E-T-S!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.