ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Where We Live Mapping Limit

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/08/20 04:10 PM Views: 377 Replies: 4
Friday, May 8, 2020 at 4:10 PM

This is probably unique to many All-Years multi-class websites. I didn't see any threads about this and am hoping there is or will be a fix for it soon.

When selecting a state to show alumni living in that area you'll be taken immediately to a list of members in the state selected. It's not necessarily intuitive but you can go back and select 'Show Classmates on map'.

Our issue is that there are more than a thousand alumni (from all-years) living in California. When the state is selected there are no options given to first select a county, city, or zip code (for smaller areas) as there are on the normal options selections. Actually there's no option to select city or zip code which would be very helpful. There's not even a chance to get to those options.

A default message immediately appears that says, "Classmates In California: 13,754 - Sorry, there are too many Classmates (13,754) to display.

Will ClassCreator update this feature?

Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 3:44 PM - Response #1

Hello? No reply in a year?

Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 10:24 PM - Response #2

Hi Bruce,

I will check again. I don't think we have a way to group or map that many with with google maps.

Jessica

Sunday, June 20, 2021 at 1:39 AM - Response #3

Jessica, it's not Google that first selects the ones to display - that's all CC code. Google is only displaying what CC sent to display.

All that needs to be done for CC is for first ask for the zip code or City and THEN send that parsed DB data to Google.

Monday, June 21, 2021 at 10:48 AM - Response #4

Hi Bruce,

Your classmates can choose Show Classmates on map and then select a class year to view their classmates on the map in smaller groupings.

We limit the number of points to 1,000 because it take 30+ seconds for Google to plot that many points. Nobody will want to wait that long for it to plot them all and it would not display well with that many plot points.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.