ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Manage Classmates - Sorting on Mrried Name

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/03/09 12:45 AM Views: 1504 Replies: 4
Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 12:45 AM

I would like to have the ability to sort the Manage Classmates listing on the Married name...

When a woman** has a problem (ex. forgot PW), they email me. The name they use is their current married name, but I need to know their maiden name to find them on the list. With almost 600 classmates, it is hard to find women based on their current married name (takes a lot of scrolling).

Two possible solutions I can think of:

1. A quick fix, give us a sort on the first name so they could be looked up that way (assuming they are not using a nickname now).

OR

2. A better fix would be a sort on the married name (need another column).

To get room... the delete column could be made into a large red X and the last name column could be made a few char shorter (the married name is already there, just make it a separate column and sortable).

** Men also have problems but it's easier to find them on the list. Very HappyVery Happy

OK My fingers were too fast and I can't change the title... I know married should have an 'a' in it.

Edited 01/03/09 12:49 AM
Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 12:48 AM - Response #1

Ken,
A quick fix for you would be to use the "find" feature of your browser - type control-F and it will give you a search box that will search the page. You can then search for the classmate with the name they give you.
Beth

Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 12:51 AM - Response #2

What Beth describes, if implemented on the edit classmate profile page, is a very powerful technique.

Another way would be to download the classmate list to an Excel spreadhseet via the manage classmates tab. You can then rearrange and sort in any way you want.

Edited 04/03/09 4:29 PM
Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 1:02 AM - Response #3

Yes, I would just do a quick browser find as Beth suggested. As you pointed out there's little room on that page. While changing "Delete" to an "X" instead may be obvious to lots of people that this is a delete function, trust me when I tell you it will also not be obvious to lots of people. I don't think any extra married name sort or find tool will be any more effective than using the browser search tool, so I'd say roll with that. Let me know if you see any drawback to using browser search.

Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 1:33 AM - Response #4

Thanks all... I had forgotten that I could search on the page. It works great in Chrome. I think that this will do it. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.