ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

File Vault

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/09 09:38 PM Views: 1830 Replies: 20
Monday, July 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM

How do I get photos that I've uploaded to the File vault to my site page? Thanks!

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM - Response #1

Welcome Kimberly.

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to the page you wish to place your photo on
3) Click the yellow "image icon" on the editor task bar
4) Click your File Vault button
5) Click on the name of your file
6) You'll see a preview of your image. Click the "insert" link to the right of the image
7) Return to edit mode and save your page

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 10:31 PM - Response #2

When I do what your say it takes me to Image Vault. How do I get to File Vault?

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM - Response #3

Same directions as above, but instead of clicking the "image icon" you want to click on the chain link icon instead. This will allow you to goggle between your regular files, and your image files.

Monday, October 17, 2011 at 12:13 PM - Response #4

I click on the image button and get a box that has the "x" in the upper right corner and the cancel button in the lower right corner, nothing in the middle and allows me to do nothing! It literaly locks my screen and since I can't click on the x or the cancel, I have to close the browers tab and start over. Is there a different image button/icon I should be pressing to access the file vault?

Monday, October 17, 2011 at 12:18 PM - Response #5

Sometimes Internet Explorer has problems and causes this issue.

Try selecting the "Tools" menu on the upper portion of your browser window (ALT-T). If you don't see "Compatibility Mode" there, then select "Developer Tools" from the menu. If you do see "Compatibility Mode" click on it to enable that feature, and it should fix the problem.

If you've clicked "Developer Tools" then look for the text that says "Browser Mode:" and click on that. It should bring up a menu on which you can click "Internet Explorer 8" to fix the problem. The page will reload, and then you can close the Developer Tools portion and go back to using your site.

Monday, October 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM - Response #6

I did that and I can now browse for a file. When I browsed and then clicked upload it won't allow for the file and says it's incompatible. I converted a Word document to PDF and there are images in the file. Is this the problem?

Monday, October 17, 2011 at 12:38 PM - Response #7

A "PDF" file is not an IMAGE file.

To upload a PDF file, click the INSERT/EDIT LINK button (right side of 2nd row, 6th from the right, looks like a world with two chain links in front).

Monday, October 17, 2011 at 12:45 PM - Response #8

I uploaded the file as you said and some kind of file coded name appeared in the box. Now when I'm in the Home page above one announcement there is the coded file name that is a hyperlink you have to click on in order to open a new page. Is this really the way it's supposed to work? It seems rather cryptic. I think there must be something wrong with the way I've done this. Can you help?

Monday, October 17, 2011 at 1:01 PM - Response #9

Before you insert the link, you need to type something like "Click HERE to download the Reunion PDF file", then select the "Click HERE..." text. Then when you insert the link, the link will surround the "Click HERE...." text.

To change what you did, just go to your content editor for that page, move to the cryptic text, type "Click HERE...." or whatever you want it to say, then delete the cryptic text.

Monday, October 17, 2011 at 1:28 PM - Response #10

My "click here" that I typed in before I insert/uploaded the file now has a line under it, and nothing else. When I go to the home page, the announcement box now has the words "click here" and the coded file name next to it! I don't know what you mean by the "link will surround the "click here" text, but I figured it meant it would "replace" the click here.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM - Response #11

I looked at the announcement box, but I do not see the "Click here". Did you remove it? I need to see it there in order to help. Thanks

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 11:20 AM - Response #12

I did remove it. I didn't want the class members to see it that way, so I deleted it since it wasn't working. I just realized I could have just made it inactive so you could see it. Duh. I will redo it later this afternoon when I get to my office and leave it alone (but inactive). Will this work for you?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 11:47 AM - Response #13

Yes. I will not be available this afternoon, but Kyle, Eric and Jessica are all here to help as well.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 1:30 PM - Response #14

I've added the new announcement as per your instructions. You'll notice the existing announcement which I wrote directly into the announcement box no longer shows either. Though, at least the coded file name isn't there anymore either. Any ideas?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 3:13 PM - Response #15

Your reunion date announcement is displaying properly. Is there something else you need assistance with?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 3:30 PM - Response #16

I made the announcement active (remember there are 2 announcements) and where the announcement for the 11/19 event is supposed to be there is just "click here." Is it supposed to be a link? I was trying to upload an actual file.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 3:38 PM - Response #17

You cannot upload a PDF file and have it display on one of the pages. you can only have a link to the PDF and then the classmate needs to click the link to see the PDF file.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 3:42 PM - Response #18

Okay, I guess when I first posed my question, I must not have stated it properly. I have seen other sites where the administrator must have uploaded a file, such as an invitation to a page (so the actual invitation or form appeared on the page) so the graphics and text appeared as part of the page. I wanted to do the same for an announcement. I started with trying to use the image button, but was referred to the link. How are others loading forms and such on their website?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 3:46 PM - Response #19

I think you can Kyle. I've not done it on CC, but have on my own site. You do this using iFrame and the src= is a link to the PDF. That does assume the correct browser addon.

The way I solved that issue is to use the iFrame and then also put a direct link on the same page. It squishes the pdf into the width of the page.

So depends a lot on the PDF as to how this may actually look/work, so mostly for future reference where CC pages can become wider.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 3:49 PM - Response #20

Do you have an example website where you see what you want to have done? If so, I can check out what you mean for sure and see how they did it.

Most likely, they are saving their invitation as an image, then the image is inserted between the two link codes (instead of typing "Click Here...", the IMAGE button is pressed and the image is uploaded and then selected before inserting the link), so that when the graphic image is clicked, the real invitation is brought up in another window or browser tab.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.