ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Positioning of photo and text on member page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/22/10 01:48 PM Views: 2563 Replies: 14
Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM

We're new to the site. First question: when one adds a photo to a member page and some text to go with it, the picture displays first and then the text under it. Is there a way to reposition the text so that it is to the side of the picture?

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 2:14 PM - Response #1

No, the Classmates just have a standard photo area where captions fall directly below the photos like a typical caption would. They can however resize the photo slightly using the image editor and then use the text tool to type text to the right of the photo.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 6:14 PM - Response #2

Well, I tried adding some text in the Edit Photo part and it doesn't show up. I moved it to the right side of the photo. And did click "save changes". But it must have gone into the bit bucket.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 6:23 PM - Response #3

What specific photo should I look at for an example? Have you tried just pressing reload on your browser when viewing the photo? The original photo may just be pulling from your browser cache.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:07 PM - Response #4

The first current photo on my member page.
If I look at "Edit/Upload Photo" on my member page, the text is there. But if I just view my profile, it's not.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:30 PM - Response #5

Oops! My mistake I'm afraid I mislead you. You did exactly what I suggested and it didn't work. The text apparently has to be ON the photo itself somewhere; putting it to the side of the actual photo doesn't work. There is one possible workaround for this. Using any image editing program, like Picasa from Google for example (which is free), save your image on a white canvas the size of your choice. Then upload the image. If you have a white background as part of the image itself you'll be able to type right on top of it. That's probably more tedious than many will want to do but it will work...

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 7:38 PM - Response #6

Hang tight I'm going to see if we can program a workaround for this.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM - Response #7

No hurry. I'm just setting the site up and getting ready for questions from the rest of the guys.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 3:11 PM - Response #8

Give it another whirl now.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM - Response #9

Um. I can add text and move things around in editing mode but the changes do not make it to the visible profile. I was sure to click "save changes" and the "OK" button.

Monday, September 27, 2010 at 5:04 PM - Response #10

All set here.

Monday, September 27, 2010 at 7:26 PM - Response #11

Judy Baumann wrote:

We're new to the site. First question: when one adds a photo to a member page and some text to go with it, the picture displays first and then the text under it. Is there a way to reposition the text so that it is to the side of the picture?

Hi Judy, if you're familiar with HTML code, you could try putting your image and text as 2 columns in a table inside whichever profile box you're trying to put text beside the photo. One column has the image, the other has the text.

HTML Code Tutorial (tables)

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 9:52 AM - Response #12

HTML is not an option. I'm doing good to get these guys to sign up. Most are not tech-savvy.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 10:20 AM - Response #13

Judy - everything okay at this point? I took a quick look at some of the profiles and they look good on my end.

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM - Response #14

Site Administrator wrote:

HTML is not an option. I'm doing good to get these guys to sign up. Most are not tech-savvy.

Yes, HTML could be daunting for non-techie members. And I was also thinking you were referring to photos embedded in the profile, but you're probably talking about captions associated with "Upload/Edit Photos" for individual members, is that right?

While it's possible to put HTML code in the captions, it wouldn't work to make captions display beside, instead of the default of being underneath the photo.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.