ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding more fonts to the edit pages?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/25/08 01:37 PM Views: 1207 Replies: 2
Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Is there anyway to ADD more True Type, or Open Type fonts into the Edit page templates?

Obviously, I know you could make your own graphics,and use different fonts with photoshop,then upload them onto the pages,but there are very limited website fonts for use. Thank you.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 2:27 PM - Response #1

Unfortunately the end user must also have the exact same font installed on their system for your page to render the way you are seeing it. Thus if we install anything other than the most common fonts, you can wind up with users seeing the page totally different than you are.

It's not just a typography issue -- it's a formatting and spacing issue too, as each font has characters that can take up different amounts of space.

By sticking with the common fonts, we can ensure that what you are seeing yourself, is also what your Classmates are seeing.

Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 1:38 PM - Response #2

Sounds about right! The same with composing and sending e-mail...the end user should have the same fonts or else they don't see the same thing......I thought I'd give it a shot. Thank You! JimSmile

Edited 09/27/08 1:40 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.