ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In memory comments and profile page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/22/18 03:51 PM Views: 655 Replies: 4
Friday, June 22, 2018 at 3:51 PM

My classmate Lucinda Gardner Lopez was added to the In Memory a few days ago. Two classmates have posted their memory of Syndi. One of those, Joel Brown.......his comment is displayed on both the In Memory AND on can also be seen when viewing Syndi's page. Kay Moore's In Memory comment is NOT displayed on syndi's profile page. Kay has asked me what the differences are in how she and Joel's posts didn't 'work the same'

Irma Comer
www.efclassof72.com

Friday, June 22, 2018 at 5:18 PM - Response #1

My guess is that Joel posted his comment in both places. We've asked several times for the ability to post a message or comment in the profile of someone who's been moved to In Memory be disabled, but... it looks like that request has not risen far enough on the priority list to be addressed.

For now, unchecking the box in a profile of someone moved to In Memory which allows comments partially works. But it's not fully recognized by the system.

Monday, June 25, 2018 at 4:39 PM - Response #2

Commenting is not available on the profile of the deceased member. My only guess is that the profile comment was added before the member was added to In Memory.

Monday, June 25, 2018 at 9:34 PM - Response #3

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Commenting is not available on the profile of the deceased member.

This has come up before, and it's partially true.

It's true that comments should not be allowed for someone moved to In Memory. The only place a comment should be allowed (or prompted for) is an In Memory post.

When you move someone to In Memory, people no longer have the option to "Post a Comment" (message) in that profile. But... if you don't manually uncheck the "Allow Comments" box in that profile, everyone is prompted to post a comment under under an existing message, and under a profile Q/A box. Posting a comment under a Q/A box (or under an existing comment under a Q/A box) still works normally. Trying to post a comment under an existing message ultimately fails - see next paragraph.

If you do manually uncheck the Allow Comments box in that profile, the prompt to post comments under profile Q/A boxes is no longer shown. But that prompt to post a comment is still there under an existing message or comments under an existing message. If you do try to post a comment there, you finally get a pop-up warning - after taking the time to compose the comment - that "comments are not currently allowed". That's a poorly designed, and at that point, an annoying) user interface.

So again, let me suggest what should take place on an In Memory move:
1) The Allow Comments check box in that profile should be automatically unchecked.
2) That unchecked box should be referenced to block the prompt to post a comment - under their profile Q/A boxes (as it does now), AND under existing messages or comments under existing messages.
(3) That unchecked Allow Comments box should, by the way, also be handled as described in #2 above for all members who have elected to uncheck the Allow Comments box in their profile.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 2:11 PM - Response #4

Okay. Will forward. Thanks John.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.