ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

blow out on home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/12/09 08:30 AM Views: 1052 Replies: 1
Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Has anyone had any classmates that have had problems with the home page beeing blown out since you switched to the new threaded forum layout? I have one who can't see the home page like everyone else or like before I switched. He says that the poll on the home page is barely visable. But no one else has any problems seeing the homepage. And he complained that the normal typing was to small so when he responds he is making his font larger. Or maybe the guy just needs to go see the eye doc...

Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 3:33 PM - Response #1

If somebody turns on oversized fonts and/or magnifies their screen view, they can in fact "blow out" the page. In the case of the forums, in some browsers turning on oversized fonts also increases the size of the editor window itself, and it's already at its maximum possible size in the default view. Thus what he should do is set his fonts back to normal when entering posts in your forums.

FYI, our default font size is actually a little larger than what you'd typically find on most sites. We have classes going all the way back to World War II, so readability is very important. It's a little odd he's describing the text size as tiny, and makes me wonder if something else in his browser is not configured correctly. Or something with his display resolution maybe (i.e. if he's using a super high screen resolution, have him set it to something normal so text sizes appear normal). If he sets his screen resolution down a notch or two and the text still appears tiny, have him see if he can duplicate this same issue using any other web browser. Between the two possibilities I'm going to guess he's got a newer computer, a super high resolution widescreen monitor, and he's using a factor default resolutoin setting that no mortals can read.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.