ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding a new page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/15/15 11:15 PM Views: 799 Replies: 4
Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 11:15 PM

I have been asked to add a new page to my site called Prayer Request. I added the page but does not seem to be able for any classmate to add their message to this page, so I deleted it. I would like to have this available for any classmate to add their own request to it.
Thank you
Cleoan Ferm
Torrance high school
class 1965

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 12:22 AM - Response #1

That request looks like a good fit for a User Forum.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 12:41 AM - Response #2

We have a prayer requests page but people send them to me and I post.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM - Response #3

There might be another acceptable way to accomplish that - set up a Guest member called : Prayer Requests.

Then have people add comments. These comments will also post in What's New.

There's only ONE catch. When you put the following code in the editor to transfer to the "Guest" it has to be done in HTML mode - bottom row, 3rd from the right - says HTML edit. That's because once you enter this, the editor has a 'bug' where it transfers to the page instead of Edit !! I put a BIG comment note in there to prevent others from going back to visual mode.

A comment looks like this

Put this code to link to the member called Prayer Request (make the member id the number of Prayer Request - this is just some member of yours I picked)

Oops, forgot to mention that you make a NEW PAGE first called Prayer Requests and then put the code above in that page in HTML mode.

When you click the link it will automatically transfer to the Guest called Prayer Requests.

Edited 12/16/15 1:01 AM
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 1:10 AM - Response #4

Thank you for the information, I will try your suggestion.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.