ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Yearbook Photo as Master Photo

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/31/09 11:15 PM Views: 1548 Replies: 4
Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Hi
A schoolmate without any uploaded profile photos, therefore no master, who posted a message in our forum, had his yearbook picture displayed with the post. Is this the way the system is designed?
David

Edited 05/31/09 11:16 PM
Monday, June 1, 2009 at 12:26 AM - Response #1

Yes. We're about to add a toggle to turn off this default for the Classes who don't want Yearbook Photos to be the default forum photo if no master photo has been designated.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM - Response #2

I see this is an old post but I need a NEW answer. Is there a way to make all yearbook photos the Master Photos by default, unless a classmate chooses a different photo, without uploading the yearbook photo to one's profile along with other photos. Of course, it looks huge when added just as a photo there.

In the Member Forum, there is the "change photo" option which allows one to choose the Yearbook Photo or the Master Photo. Why can't this be consistent in all site locations?

Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 11:03 PM - Response #3

Hi Carolyn,

I can add this as a wishlist item for the next time the programmers are working on that section of the site. We have a lot of updates coming in the next few months that require the programmers to focus on those sections, however, I will ask them to see if they can add this in the next time they are in this section.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, June 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM - Response #4

Quote:

Yes. We're about to add a toggle to turn off this default for the Classes who don't want Yearbook Photos to be the default forum photo if no master photo has been designated.

This refers to the Discussion Forum. It would be really nice to have similar toggles for the Message Forum and Message Center.

As it is, the default is no photo and admins can't change it. Our members will not change the photo area on their own, but I know they would be OK with admins putting a yearbook picture there for them.

Edited 06/27/11 12:57 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.