ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Updating Profile Question...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/04/12 08:47 AM Views: 1288 Replies: 9
Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 8:47 AM

I was wondering if there is any way to update your profile without it showing up at the top of the -Profile Updates- list on the upper right of the Home Page.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM - Response #1

Only an admin can do this, but yes it is possible. Just go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, search for the classmate, then click on the PROFILE next to your name in the list. At the bottom of the profile page is a checkbox to show the update as a profile update on the "Profile Updates" module. Make sure the checkbox is not checked.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM - Response #2

That seems to work for everything but photos.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM - Response #3

@F C Bock — Yes, you are correct. I am admin of my site and sometimes I want to just go in and tweek my profile with photos or text. Whenever I do this, the site automatically brings that change to the top of the –Profile Updates- list on the top of the home page. I can go stealth on text changes but not for switching up photos on my profile.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM - Response #4

I can see the "Show this change as a profile update in the "Profile Updates" box on the home page." on the Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, PHOTOS page.

Are you saying it doesn't work?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM - Response #5

That's what I'm saying. And I agree with Michael that it works on the contact and profile pages.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM - Response #6

@Kyle - Yes, it doesn't work on the PHOTOS page when left unchecked. I have left that square radio button unchecked and it still puts my name at the top of the -Profile Updates- on the top of the Home page. Thanks for looking into this. I'm sure this is happening to other classmates when they want to make a minor change without fanfare.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM - Response #7

Hi gang,

Letting users know that other users have updated their profiles, even in small ways, is a fundamental feature of our service which lets users of the site know that the site is being actively used not only by themselves, but by others as well. We do not offer a way to hide this activity because hiding this activity can make your website seem static and uninteresting. Websites get more use and more visitors when they are actively used and the content is dynamic, so offering overt ways to hide the most basic of activity on the site is completely counter to the goal of a successful website.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM - Response #8

Eric B Bassey wrote:

Hi gang,

Letting users know that other users have updated their profiles, even in small ways, is a fundamental feature of our service which lets users of the site know that the site is being actively used not only by themselves, but by others as well. We do not offer a way to hide this activity because hiding this activity can make your website seem static and uninteresting. Websites get more use and more visitors when they are actively used and the content is dynamic, so offering overt ways to hide the most basic of activity on the site is completely counter to the goal of a successful website.

I agree with what you say. What we've been discussing is a feature that we admins thought we had to make minor tweaks without them registering as a modification. The feature works on two of the "pages", viz: contact info and profile but not on photos. I would like it to work for photos also. But to reiterate this is a capability only admins should have.

Monday, January 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM - Response #9

We'll add this as a wish list item for the next time the programmers are in that section making updates.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.