ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Search Team Notes

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/14/08 12:25 AM Views: 1454 Replies: 6
Friday, November 14, 2008 at 12:25 AM

It'd be nice to have a field that can be used to enter notes when we are trying to find classmates. E.g., "Her sister Susan was in the class of 80" or "the John Smith listed on 411.com in Ohio is not him" or "Spoke with his Mom, she'd direct him to the site" or "married name on 10th reunion list was Jones," etc.

I could give access to the "Search team" to add notes.

For now, we created a field on the profile, and request the classmates delete the field when they update their profile so it doens't show publicly.

But, in anticipation that in the future, some classmates won't keep updating their info and we'll "lose" them again, it'd be nice to keep notes in a more permanent way for future searches.

Edited 11/14/08 12:27 AM
Friday, November 14, 2008 at 1:35 PM - Response #1

Thanks David! Gotta hand it to you guys, you're always coming up with terrific ideas.

A little area to keep notes about a Classmate makes perfect sense. Otherwise you'd have to do that outside of the system, which makes no sense.

So what we'll do is add a little "notes box" under the details area for a Classmate that only Site Administrators can see. And in this box you'll be able to keep whatever infomration you want about a Classmate. Simple as that. Excellent idea.

Due to backlog of high priority tasks I've put this a little ways down the "to do" list, but it will be coming and integrated into the system when we get to it. Stay tuned.

Friday, November 14, 2008 at 3:13 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Thanks David! Gotta hand it to you guys, you're always coming up with terrific ideas.

A little area to keep notes about a Classmate makes perfect sense. Otherwise you'd have to do that outside of the system, which makes no sense.

So what we'll do is add a little "notes box" under the details area for a Classmate that only Site Administrators can see. And in this box you'll be able to keep whatever infomration you want about a Classmate. Simple as that. Excellent idea.

Due to backlog of high priority tasks I've put this a little ways down the "to do" list, but it will be coming and integrated into the system when we get to it. Stay tuned.

Also add - Make this NOTES field export to spreadsheet, so we have those notes in the exported data.

Friday, November 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM - Response #3

When we get to this, we'll make notes one of the selectable options.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 5:24 AM - Response #4

Thanks. And thanks for such a great site.

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 11:11 AM - Response #5

Brad,
I think this enhancement should become very HIGH on priority. Without it, we will need to keep notes off the online database which partially defeats the purpose of the website! I am using other profile fields to make notes on our efforts to find someone, so that other administrators have access to our research. If we happen to find the person and they log into the site, isn't it true that they will overwrite all the notes that have been entered? I think we need a field that is protected and available to only Administrators.

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 7:06 PM - Response #6

Yes that's true.

All programmers are pretty much off until after the 1st now, but I can try to get this worked in shortly thereafter.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.