ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

CC Player Widget Call?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/10/10 10:58 PM Views: 2212 Replies: 23
Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 10:58 PM
Class Creator PopUP script.docx

My normal Playlist server has been down for a couple days, so as a temporary emergency measure I looked again at the CC widget PopUp player. You have solved a really big problem with the PopUp by adding at some point the question to Play or Not to Play. I really like that! With Playlist, I have a player that comes on automatically with the Home Page, but of course stops when leaving Home Page. I made a link for Playlist PopUp player, but have to give all kinds of advisory warnings to be careful of 2 players at once when return to Home Page.

With your Player, I don't need 2, since it simply ASKS if you want to start the PopUp player right at the Home Page. VERY NICE.

My problem, of cource, goes back to copyright songs and all that stuff.

What I would like to know, can the CC PopUp Playlist script be slightly modified by myself to essentially do the same thing with 3rd party playtlist. I have attached your CC PopUP script, along with another link to an Announcement for Playlist I would like to call. Is this a simple task without bothering your programmers, or should I seek a script writing source to do this for me. Please see attached, Your scipt, and how do I call my playlist link.

Edited 10/10/10 11:00 PM
Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 11:11 PM - Response #1

We are planning to add this same music function for the home page shortly. No other pages are planned at this time. Unfortunately the script cannot be easily modified to work with third party music systems but if you're looking to add this function to your home page, you'll be in luck shortly.

Sunday, October 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

We are planning to add this same music function for the home page shortly. No other pages are planned at this time. Unfortunately the script cannot be easily modified to work with third party music systems but if you're looking to add this function to your home page, you'll be in luck shortly.

Wow! That was fast Brad. I will anxiously await that great enhancement. Asking the question, do you want the music, and getting the PopUP automatically solves all kinds of issues with threat of 2 players at once.

Meanwhile, since my playlist server is down (??? dunno what is up with flashwidgetz.com, been great until now), I am treading "territory" with my personal copyright purchases playing. Hope flashwidgetz.com is back up soon. Then again, I will miss my waay NICE CC popup player Sad

Think you might have that Home Page enhancement this week? FOFL, couldn't resist asking, sorry......

Edited 10/10/10 11:22 PM
Monday, October 11, 2010 at 12:04 AM - Response #3

Just a comment here. I think I may retire my job as admin...I didn't understand the question or the answer...but, that is not unusual for me. I miss alot. *sigh* Bonita

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 12:25 AM - Response #4

It really applies to what Derrell is doing on his own web site, but stay tuned, when we add the music option to the home page we'll have full instructions for using it.

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 12:28 AM - Response #5

Super! Thanks, Brad... Meanwhile, I took the music playlist off my homepage a while ago. I haven't been able to figure out something that works. So, standing by...Bonita Smile

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:23 PM - Response #6

Would it be possible to set up the new music widget so that it can be placed in the "Right Module" area so that classmates who don't want the music can stop it before it starts?

Monday, October 11, 2010 at 9:59 PM - Response #7

It was my experience, if using the PopUp versus regular player, embeded in Home Page; that it simply "asks" to Play or Not to Play. I'll quit using the regular player, just use PopUP, as that solves a lot of issues.

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 7:04 PM - Response #8

Derrell Pulis wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:

Wow! That was fast Brad. I will anxiously await that great enhancement. Asking the question, do you want the music, and getting the PopUP automatically solves all kinds of issues with threat of 2 players at once.

Meanwhile, since my playlist server is down (??? dunno what is up with flashwidgetz.com, been great until now), I am treading "territory" with my personal copyright purchases playing. Hope flashwidgetz.com is back up soon. Then again, I will miss my waay NICE CC popup player Sad

Think you might have that Home Page enhancement this week? FOFL, couldn't resist asking, sorry......

Brad, I noticed the music player widget has some nice improvements. Are we still awhile away for the "Start the Music screen" for Home Page on other Players. I really want to keep the CC Player, but copyright stuff.......

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 7:38 PM - Response #9

We have a couple nice surprises there. Well, hopefully. Smile We're hammering it out now and and it will be part of the new system structure release. The release will contain new designs, dropdowns and flyouts, link sorting, and better music control.

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 7:45 PM - Response #10

Great, looking forward to it.

BTW, I just noticed the CC player popup, when I first come to Home Page in IE8, and say yes to play music, that it doesn't really start the music. I can hit Home Page again, answer question to Play Yes again, and it is fine. OR, I can just 'double click' song and it will start (single click didn't seem to do it???

Doesn't have that peculiar activity in Firefox though? Go figure........

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM - Response #11

Derrell Pulis wrote:

Great, looking forward to it.

BTW, I just noticed the CC player popup, when I first come to Home Page in IE8, and say yes to play music, that it doesn't really start the music. I can hit Home Page again, answer question to Play Yes again, and it is fine. OR, I can just 'double click' song and it will start (single click didn't seem to do it???

Doesn't have that peculiar activity in Firefox though? Go figure........

Hmmm, guess that was "some of the time in IE8" Working fine when I went back again? Oh well, wait until the additional enhancements.

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 8:09 PM - Response #12

It's a bug. It happens only the first time. Very glad you pointed it out. Will correct.

Monday, October 18, 2010 at 10:32 PM - Response #13

I think it was in this thread that someone commented that Playlist didn't provide an option to either click when the page opens or allow the visitor to click when they want to play it.

That function depends on how you set up your playlist. If you choose to play it, it will always play when you open the page. Just go back and reset it to play only when the visitor clicks the play 'button', recapture the embed code and replace the code that's on your page with the newly saved code.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 10:54 PM - Response #14

Brad Switzer wrote:

It's a bug. It happens only the first time. Very glad you pointed it out. Will correct.

Brad, is this something that will be awhile before programmer can fix. Many of my 68 year old classmates can never figure out to try the Player the 2nd time and failure first time is a bug. It would be nice if the fix could be squeezed in soon. Smile

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM - Response #15

Derrell Pulis wrote:

Brad Switzer wrote:

Brad, is this something that will be awhile before programmer can fix. Many of my 68 year old classmates can never figure out to try the Player the 2nd time and failure first time is a bug. It would be nice if the fix could be squeezed in soon. Smile

Actually, I just re generated the PopUp Player code and pasted to my home page announcement. It seems so far to be working; I exit, and come back in to the Question whether to Play, and it starts......maybe you already fixed it????

Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 11:27 AM - Response #16

Clear your cookies, shut down your browser, open your browser back up, and try it again. This is the only sure way to see if this is resolved on your site or not.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM - Response #17

Brad Switzer wrote:

Clear your cookies, shut down your browser, open your browser back up, and try it again. This is the only sure way to see if this is resolved on your site or not.

Okay, finally got a chance. Cleared cookies, shutdown and reopen as above. Both IE8 and Firefox, the first Access to Play does NOT work, second does. Also, I found in both browsers, that they will play 2, sometimes 3, of the first songs of 26, then it just stops playing. You can click the selected song to play it, but won't continue automatically.

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM - Response #18

Where can I go on your site to see an example of the music player not continuing to play?

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 4:33 PM - Response #19

Brad Switzer wrote:

Where can I go on your site to see an example of the music player not continuing to play?

Temporarily now, it is on the Left Menu from Galery. Menu is Continuous 50s Music, 5th or 6th down I believe.

Thanks Brad, I really miss that neat feature asking to Play, but classmates can't figure out to click the song when it quits.

Friday, October 22, 2010 at 6:09 PM - Response #20

Hmmmm. How odd. Thanks. I'm able to reproduce the problem... Turning over to a Programmer for Monday.

Friday, November 5, 2010 at 11:17 PM - Response #21

Derrell Pulis wrote:

Derrell Pulis wrote:
Brad Switzer wrote:

Brad, I noticed the music player widget has some nice improvements. Are we still awhile away for the "Start the Music screen" for Home Page on other Players. I really want to keep the CC Player, but copyright stuff.......

Brad, do you have a rough estimate concerning "other Playlists" being called at the Home Page similar to the PopUp CC Player? Just a rough month? And I won't hold you to it. Very Happy

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 12:22 AM - Response #22

Most things will come after the completion of the ongoing system restructure. FYI though, adding it natively to the home page editor area won't do anything different from what you can already do now just be embedding the MP3 widget code on your home page. For third party music objects you'll have to wait for the future to be added to the home page.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM - Response #23

WEIRD Discovery!! I so miss the CC Player Widget and the really professional way it Asks if Want to Play Music. However, not enough to get myself in trouble with copyright. I got to playing around with my own www.flashwidgetz.com playlist Pop-UP that I had custom modified by a programmer.

It seems that I stumbled upon a discovery, if it doesn't Break Something...Surprised

I thought I would use the CC Player Widget Pop-UP with One School song that is "maybe" safe. I made an Announcement pasting that widget code, then thought I would insert "OR" and offer opportunity for more music automatically to my copyright supposed legal playlist.

What did it do? When opened my home page it ask if Do I Want to Play the Music. So far so good. BUT, it did not even consider running the CC Widget Player, but went straight to my Flashwidgetz Playlist. That is KEWL. All the same conveniences with playlist that doesn't threaten me legally.

The only downside, I can't figure out how to keep it from bringing up a residual screen from my FlashWidgetz with a button to "Launch MP3 Playlist". I just slid it all the way to the bottom of my announcements out of the way for now. But, now when I check that "Launch MP3 Playlist", it actually STOPS the Music. I could easily change the button name to "Stop the Music". FOFL

Can someone take a look at this announcement, named "CCPlay + FLSHW Pop". Subject announcement is all the way to the bottom of the list. Any suggestions to improve, get rid of it before I break something, OR a simple Good Job Derrell???....LOL Very Happy

It's not quite as good in all aspects, but almost. At least the biggees. Certainly not as bad as pure playlist.com or flashwidgtz.com in the area of control.

Geez, I might be able to do something like this on any page that I want, not just the Home Page. For instance, put music BACK on my In Memory that I took off. I'll wait until CC guys look at what I did, and any appropriate issues that might be caused if any........hope NONE!

Edited 11/10/10 12:36 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.