ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner admin--can't add Attendee

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/31/09 08:03 PM Views: 1311 Replies: 3
Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I accidentally deleted someone's reunion registration from the Reunion Summary page showing who has signed up.

So, I am trying to add them back to the list by clicking on 'Add Reunion Attendee' at the bottom of that page. That takes me to a page where I can select items for sale (i.e. reunion tickets), and there is a button labeled 'Save'.

BUT, there is nowhere to enter the person's name, and when I click on the 'Save' button, my browser gets a javascript error: "'FirstName.value' is null or not an object' ... class_ReunionAddAttendee.cfm Line: 528".

Well, it makes sense that it gets that error because there is nowhere to enter or select a name. Any ideas?

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 8:22 PM - Response #1

I did a test order using your own account (you may need to set your quanity back to normal) and I see what the problem is. You're using the old Reunion Planner (Reunion Planner I) and you've got online registration turned off, but you've got items for sale turned on. Those two items are meant to work hand in hand. I.E. people need to register and pay. In fact I've never seen anyone have just items for sale turned on, but no ability to actually register. That's why you're getting this error there. To correct:

1) Click your Reunion Planner link
2) Click the pencil icon to enter into edit mode
3) Turn on your online registration capability that is currently turned of
4) Save your reunion at the bottom of the page
5) Now go back to your Reunion Planner link
6) This time go into your Attendees area.
7) Click the Add Attendee button again. This time because you've got registration turned on, you'll see all of the registration fields you were expecting to see.

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 8:30 PM - Response #2

Cool--got it.

By the way...didn't know there was a Reunion Planner I vs. II....any advantage to switching to II, and is it possible?

Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 8:43 PM - Response #3

Thousands of schools have successfully planned and held reunions using the original Reunion Planner, so there's no reason you can't continue doing what you're already doing. Having said that though, we made a variety of enhancements and additions in the new Reuion Planner II, such as adding internal ability to accept credit card payments, check payments, and "other" payments. We also changed the whole store mechanism to a true 'add to cart' store rather than the basic checkbox ordering system that was offered in Reunion Planner I. One of the nice things in Reunion Planner II is credit card payments are automatically logged and tallied in your Attendees Management area. No longer is there any need to manually log orders as they come in.

If you do want to switch yes it's possible, although frankly it's a little bit of a pain to do so. The process is as follows:

1) Go into your current reunion edit area and click the "Reset Reunion" button. When you do this your current reunion will be archived and all data will be preserved.
2) Click the "Plan New Reunion" button. This will automatically put you in Reunion Planner II.
3) Copy and paste any info you need from your old reunion to your new reunion.
4) Manually add all Attendees who have already registered for your reunion to date.

Once you've done this, any additional Classmates who register for your reunion will have all of the functionality of Reunion Planner II.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.