ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Post Comment for Guest (Teacher) and Not Logged In

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/13/08 10:34 PM Views: 1491 Replies: 7
Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:34 PM

We have listed School Staff and Teachers as Guests on our Classmate Profiles. In turn we have also started to include the Guests/Teachers on the In Memory page. Classmates who Log On to our website are able to Post Comments to both classmates and Guests/Teachers, but other alumni from different classes or other Guest/Teachers/Friends who do not have a profile Log On are not able to Post Comments.

Is there a way for an "outsider" to Post a Comment on the In Memory page without Logging On?

Edited 11/13/08 10:36 PM
Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:40 PM - Response #1

No there is not. Allowing the public to post comments opens up a pandora's box larger than I can even elaborate on right now. Not to mention even bots could fill out the form, etc., and you could wind up with all kinds of strange stuff on your site.

If you want to let somebody in though, you can always make them a non displaying guest member. Once they have an account, then they could post anywhere on your site.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 11:39 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad ... I understand and agree. If you don't ask ... you will never know.

Thanks for a great product.

Friday, November 14, 2008 at 12:12 AM - Response #3

You could also turn your site into a "multi" site and include other graduating years. Multi sites will soon have a Teachers' Profiles option as well.

Friday, November 14, 2008 at 12:44 AM - Response #4

Brad … what you don’t sleep?
How about this: When you have an "outsider/not logged in" visitor who looks at the In Memory page and wants to Post a Comment. Presently when they click on the Post Comment they receive the “Sorry, you must be logged in first.”

What is your thoughts about adding an addition statement that says something like: If you are not a registered classmate of this website and would like to Post a Comment, please send comment or/and information by clicking on Contact Us.

Right now Contact Us is available to classmates as well as an "outsider/not logged in" visitor.

Friday, November 14, 2008 at 3:45 AM - Response #5

That's a very good idea. We'll do it!

FYI, there is no time for sleeping.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 12:23 AM - Response #6

This has been added.

Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 10:25 PM - Response #7

Excuse my manners ... I saw that y'all added the additional sentence. Thank you!!! I just got tied up and did not send my thanks.

On another item: I really like the Thread Subscriptions addition. You are making our job (Admin) easier and easier.

Edited 11/15/08 10:25 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.