ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory updates to show on homepage

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/29/10 12:10 PM Views: 1782 Replies: 8
Monday, November 29, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Is there any way that additions to the "In Memory" pages, whether they be a new person added or a comment put on a deceased classmates page, can be show as an "Update" the same as "Profile Updates" are shown? As classes age, the lists lengthen and it's not easy to check each person. Our class presently has 131 members deceased. I, like many of my classmates, like to read the comments left by others about our friends.

Edited 11/29/10 12:12 PM
Monday, November 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM - Response #1

The next feature to be developed is the update of the "Profile Subscriptions" link. Currently, it only lets you receive e-mail notifications of classmate's profiles being modified. In the future (probably end of 1st quarter 2011), it will also allow you to subscribe to IN MEMORY changes, Home Page changes, New Classmates, and many more options.

This should solve your problem because then your classmates can subscribe to "In Memory" changes and receive notification when one of these items changes.

Monday, November 29, 2010 at 12:52 PM - Response #2

Perfect! Thanks.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 7:03 PM - Response #3

Hi Kyle,
I've had this request from a couple of our alumni. It would be really helpful to have Memory page updates shown on the home page the same as profile updates. My multi-year site has 1900 members who may know each other from different classes. They aren't likely to subscribe to individuals or entire classes for updates, so it would be helpful for these changes to be shown in the same manner as Profile Updates.

Why not combine them in the same Profile Updates list since the memory names show as deceased?

Thanks!
Sharon

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 11:31 PM - Response #4

FYI all additions to In Memory, as well as all new comments, are shown on the What's New page under the Recent Class Activity section. It's a great way to keep up with things in this section without having to go in and click classmate after classmate etc. as you mentioned.

Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 6:20 PM - Response #5

When I've move someone to In Memory, I also make some small change in their profile. Even if they've never joined or filled in any info in their profile, something invisible like changing the time zone works just fine. And then saving after checking the "Show this change as a profile update..." option puts their name in the Home Page's Profile Updates box.

When someone sees their name there and clicks on it, that goes directly to their In Memory entry.

Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 7:00 PM - Response #6

Brilliant! Thanks, John!

Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 9:21 PM - Response #7

That is brilliant Idea

Friday, August 29, 2014 at 4:01 PM - Response #8

that is what I do also , I just put a "space" in Admin notes .. it seems important to highlight these updates to classmates.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.