ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Cannot Post to "What's New?"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/27/21 12:56 AM Views: 436 Replies: 9
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 12:56 AM

I've tried to post to What's New in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge and nothing happens. Please help.

Thanks,
Carole

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 10:10 AM - Response #1

Hi Carole,

I see posts on what's new from you yesterday and today. The two from today look like tests - just a group of letters/numbers.

The post function is posting.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 12:59 PM - Response #2

I guess I have to tell you where to look. Please take a look at thestreatorhighschool1958.com. That is where I'm having the trouble.

Very sorry,
Carole

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 1:18 PM - Response #3

Jessica,

I'm not crazy. I deleted the dups and tests in What's New on the FengerJune1958.com site and typed in a new post. Nothing is there. That is what happened yesterday; and the fact that the 2 tests were there later today is a mystery.

As I hope you can see, what I tried to post on the Streator high school site yesterday is not there -- with my luck, it'll probably appear when you have a chance to look.

Please believe me, that postings yesterday and just now are not appearing on either site. In the past, they've been there as soon as I press "post."

Thanks, Carole

Edited 01/27/21 1:21 PM
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 4:27 PM - Response #4

Ok I see the issue. On the thestreatorhighschool1958.com site you are a "non-displaying guest" and therefore you are not displaying. If you login as the root admin you can make yourself a displaying guest.

Jessica

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 4:27 PM - Response #5

Ok I see the issue. On the thestreatorhighschool1958.com site you are a "non-displaying guest" and therefore you are not displaying. If you login as the root admin you can make yourself a displaying guest.

Jessica

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 8:06 PM - Response #6

Thanks so much. I made myself "root."

But, I've always "displayed" before.

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 8:23 PM - Response #7

I am now the Root and it didn't work (I couldn't post on What's New?

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 8:37 PM - Response #8

It isn't whether you are root admin or not. It is whether you are displaying or not. Go to Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates > Details page for you and you will see

Show On Class List:
[ ] Yes
[x] No
[ } AShow as Guest Member [Help]

You need to change that to Yes to display on the class list and participate in the conversations.

Jessica

Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 10:27 PM - Response #9

Well, all is in order. I had to delete 8 messages I'd tried to print yesterday and this morning. Thanks for figuring things out and walking me through it, Jessica. I really appreciate it.

Carole

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.