ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Showing Teacher Profiles

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/08/09 01:04 AM Views: 2037 Replies: 14
Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Can you enable administrators to activate a Teacher Profile without the teacher having to join? We have several teachers that students are commenting on, but we can't activate the teacher's profile because either we have no idea where the teacher is, or the teacher is too old and not going to engage on computers, or the teacher is deceased.

If there is a way that the administrator could go in and activate the teacher profile with what information we have, then classmates could comment on the teacher's profile page.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 10:49 AM - Response #1

Yes, that's on the list and coming up shortly.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM - Response #2

So we will be able to make comments about teachers with no one to monitor the comments? I understand now that if someone makes a rude comment to somone the person that is being commented about can then delete that comment from their name. So now everyone can make comments about someone without them even being there to defend theirself? Do you remember slang books?

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 3:05 PM - Response #3

No, the Admin has the option to disable comments on Profiles if desired. Nobody is forced into having unmonitored comments.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 9:22 PM - Response #4

Brad,
So do you remember "Slang books"? Does anyone remember the term? I guess you have to be from the 50's to remember.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 12:13 AM - Response #5

I'd have to ask my mom. Smile

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM - Response #6

When will administrators be able to activate a Teacher Profile without the teacher having to join?

We have several teachers that students are commenting on, but we can't activate the teacher's profile because either we have no idea where the teacher is, or the teacher is too old and not going to engage on computers, or the teacher is deceased.

If there is a way that the administrator could go in and activate the teacher profile with what information we have, then classmates could comment on the teacher's profile page.

p.s. how do I add emoticons to message?

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 1:12 PM - Response #7

That should be possible sometime this month, it's near the top of the Task List now.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 12:16 AM - Response #8

Any update on when administrators will be able to
activate a Teacher Profile without the teacher having to join?

We have several teachers that students are commenting on, but we can't activate the teacher's profile because either we have no idea where the teacher is, or the teacher is too old and not going to engage on computers, or the teacher is deceased.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 10:26 PM - Response #9

I know that this task was pushed back to fit in some tasks with a higher priority (Live Chat, Instant Messaging, and Photo Gallery).

I don't know when it will happen now

Edited 12/02/09 10:28 PM
Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM - Response #10

This is still pretty high on the task list so it shouldn't be much longer - we've had a lot of tweaks to items in beta testing, items wrapping up beta and launching and some updates to the reunion planner reporting that will be live shortly.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM - Response #11

We've had lots of requests from classmates. Is there a way you can set all the teachers profiles for us for now?

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 2:01 AM - Response #12

There is not a quick way to set it for just one site. It is very high on the list and it will be addressed shortly for all multi-year sites.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 9:56 AM - Response #13

Will a Teacher Profiles page ever be available for single year sites?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM - Response #14

Only once we create a teacher repository so single year sites can share the same teacher data. As cool as that will be, we've got dozens of requests about that we've classified as higher priority. So it is coming, but only after a lot of other stuff is coming.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.