ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcement not on top of home page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/02/15 02:39 PM Views: 1122 Replies: 7
Monday, March 2, 2015 at 2:39 PM

I have created an announcement for our 50th Class Reunion for our Home Page. It does not show up at the top of the page. I know I need to go into the Source to edit the announcement, but I cannot figure out what needs to be changed.

Thanks,

Joan

Monday, March 2, 2015 at 3:04 PM - Response #1

The problem is probably your really long URL ... Just edit the text (doesn't have to be in the SOURCE button), and change the display text of the link to be "Click Here" and it should fix the problem. Some browsers (like FireFox) know how to wrap a URL line and other browsers don't know how to do that unless there are spaces where they are supposed to wrap the words. Another option is to add spaces right before or after the "/" of each slash in the URL.

Monday, March 2, 2015 at 3:18 PM - Response #2

I've never seen announcements appear at the top of the page. On our site, they appear below any main page content. the easy work around is to edit your main page content and put what you want to say there. Just delete it when you want it to go away.

Monday, March 2, 2015 at 3:25 PM - Response #3

Kyle,

Thanks. I changed the URL to Click Here and it worked.

Another question - Why when I put in a phone number does it automatically add SKYPE into the Phone #. It does not show when I go in and try to make a corrections. I do not what the SKYPE in there. Is there a way to change that?

Joan

Monday, March 2, 2015 at 4:24 PM - Response #4

Hi Joan,

The Skype item is only happening on your own computer/browser. It is an add-on that Skype called Click to Call. Once you remove the add-on those links will go away. Here is a post on Skype about how to remove that function: http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-feat...age-uid/69602#U69602

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, March 2, 2015 at 4:52 PM - Response #5

Jessica,

Thank you so much. I did not realize it was something I had on my computer. It has been very annoying and so glad I have gotten rid of SKYPE Click and Call.

Thanks,

Joan

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 3:58 PM - Response #6

I have got it down pat changing URL to read Click Here.

Is there a way to superimpose a photo over the URL? I want to superimpose an image that says Register Here instead of just typing the words.

Thanks,

Joan

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 4:58 PM - Response #7

Yes. Add the image to the page first. Then, click the image with your cursor and then click the LINK button to add your link to the image.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.