ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Private Messages within a Profile

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/10/11 06:10 PM Views: 4701 Replies: 6
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 6:10 PM

As an Administrator for our website; I would like to send private messages to our classmates with hot links to web pages within our website. I have classmates always asking "Where do I register? Where are the new videos located? and Where are the directions to the 60th Birthday Celebration?"

I would also like to be able to underline, bold and if possible change text within a private message.

I know I am not asking for much, but the hot link seems to be the most important.

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

...CAV...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 11:41 AM - Response #1

We will add that to our list of upgrades for that page the next time we are working on that section.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 1:09 PM - Response #2

Hi CAV...

Here's a workaround until that happens.

1. Create different 'stock' email drafts in Email the Class. Include images (remember to add your domain name to the beginning of the image file name), links, italic, bold, font colors, sizes, etc. Save the drafts.

2. Click on the SOURCE button for that draft and copy the source code.

3. Go to the profile page for the person you want to send it to, scroll down to their email box and paste the source code into the box.

The email they will get includes all the formatting, links and images. WinkWink

CLICK TO SEE EXAMPLE

Edited 05/11/11 1:10 PM
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 2:39 PM - Response #3

Scott thanks for adding my request to the "To Do List".

John - you are amazing! A simple "doable" answer to my problem!

FYI ... I noticed I could put (backward arrow) h2 (forward arrow)text (backward arrow) h2 (forward arrow)in the Private Message Section and get a larger and bolder text. Are there other codes like this that could be used in the Private Message Section now?

Kudos ...CAV...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 2:42 PM - Response #4

Probably most any HTML code: CLICK

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 3:12 PM - Response #5

You are right again. I tried several HTML codes and they all worked, BUT I like your first suggestion to "Create different 'stock' email drafts in Email the Class".

Kudos ...CAV...

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 2:52 PM - Response #6

CAV, I was looking for a way to make the font size in private messages larger. First, I'm not conversant with HTML codes, but you seem to be able to make the print larger and bolder with some commands. Can you more specifically tell me what to put where to do this? Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.