ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Time Zone

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/02/09 08:16 AM Views: 1536 Replies: 4
Friday, January 2, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I set the time zone on my Message Forum for Central time, but it is not showing the correct time. The times recorded are actually an hour later than Central time. What do I need to know or do to have the time displayed correctly? Is there somewhere else that I need to enter the time zone?

Friday, January 2, 2009 at 5:11 PM - Response #1

Hi Brad,

Not sure if this is important, but I see the date in Help Forums (RSS) as January 3, 2009... at first I thought I hibernated thru the 2nd, then realized there is a time issue going on.

RE: the above time zone issue. I also have attempted to change my time zone to CA Pacific Time. Nothing I do holds the time. My statisics page still shows a 3 hour difference. I should see 14:10 right now and instead I see 17:10. I am subtracting 3 hours to calculate the login times.

thx

j

Friday, January 2, 2009 at 5:34 PM - Response #2

Apparently the server time got off earlier. I'm not sure why, but Jessica reset the time.

Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 2:07 PM - Response #3

Curious... I know we have had time zone issues. When I view things I am not sure anymore what time zone I am looking at. My statistics and last visited page still cuts off at 9:00 pm pst (I assume because it is midnight on the east coast) But then I look at this forum and a few other pages, it seems that the time zone is my pacific time zone.

Is it a BIG fix or even possible to add the time zone or put an E, C, or P after the time so the user knows what time the posting happened?

Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM - Response #4

Our system runs on Eastern Time. However each user can set their own time zone on the forums. That's why you're seeing the difference. You must have set your forum time to Pacific.

Edited 03/08/09 5:33 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.