ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Why are the announcements suddenly different?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/29/10 06:31 AM Views: 1232 Replies: 4
Monday, November 29, 2010 at 6:31 AM

I took off the video for Thanksgiving and the announcements are blown out. Can you take a look? There's no reason they should look the way they do.

Thanks, Denise

Monday, November 29, 2010 at 10:04 AM - Response #1

Looks like the "History" item in the right column is too wide again today. You can disable it by going to Edit Pages, Home Page then unclick the box below "Active" for that item.

Monday, November 29, 2010 at 10:13 AM - Response #2

Thank you John. So what you are saying and that others may experience in the future is that from day to day that "history" thingie may be different and could cause this at any time. (Why we check in.....) I LIKE that "history" thing and I do believe we have others who check in to see that, so I should try again tomorrow and see what happens.

Last year on Dec. 7 esp. after being to Pearl Harbor in August, it was very meaningful....as are others. I believe it's a great addition to the site. Just knowing though that it can affect the home page is important.

I am not Jewish but some classmates are. I found something (with one's help) a good piece for Hanukkah which this year begins sundown Dec. 1st! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3BqoXR-SGw I had a co-worker that instructed me on many things, and yet I learned from this also! I plan to use it Dec. 1st.

Thanks again,
Denise

Monday, November 29, 2010 at 12:43 PM - Response #3

History Module is provided by Steve Pearson at ThePeopleHistory.com (great guy). Every blue moon he releases the history inadvertently too wide. I disabled it for today so no other sites will blow out due to this and have notified Steve.

Monday, November 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM - Response #4

Thank you Brad. I can't imagine what all little things you have to worry about. I didn't mind disabling at all and will re enable tomorrow. I do appreciate those history things!

Denise

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.