ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to do a fund raiser on you class page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/21/14 10:36 PM Views: 1104 Replies: 3
Monday, July 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I am sure this question has been asked before, but I can't find the answer or help to set it up....
Just point me in the right direction Please.

Sharon

Edited 07/21/14 10:36 PM
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM - Response #1

ADDED: You can always use the search button above with keywords fundraising or donations to find many discussions on the topic.

On your site, Sharon...

You can use the Donations button in the right column of the home page or sent it up under the Reunion Planner.

Of course, you can search fundraising at the top of the page but one of the most successful sites I have seen is East Richland High School-Olney, IL TIGER ALUMNI CENTER. Of course, that is an alumni site vs. your single year site. Yet with admin Richard Williams at the helm, their goal of $5,000 for scholarships was exceeded this year by double! This is shared should I wish to raise funds, I am going to their site, sending Richard a 'contact us' asking for a one-on-one.

The size of a site will obviously provide more funding. However the key is the method and if it works for one, I think it is worth giving a try.

My guess... it is basic fundraising with the purpose well-stated on the site and in the announcement email. Then follow-up with regular emails noting the progress and time left.

Let us know what you do and how it works. Smile

Edited 07/22/14 12:27 PM
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM - Response #2

One more thing...
When I asked for donations to pay our site subscriptions, I added a fundraising thermometer to the home page in an announcement so members could watch the progress. I believe the thermometer helped with regular member visits to the site as well.

I used one that had a cheerleader but have not found the site. So here are other fundraising thermometer sources:

http://www.easy-fundraising-ideas.com/tools/fundraising-thermometer/

http://www.school-fundraisers.com/fundraising-thermometer.php

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 3:18 PM - Response #3

Thanx Gwen...I like those sites. Might use them in the future.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.