ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate not getting notification of new posts

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/15/22 02:01 PM Views: 3420 Replies: 7
Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 2:01 PM

One classmate of mine is not getting email notifications of new posts to the class site or notifications of birthdays which she used to get. No one else has reported problems.

How do I assure that she continues to receive these notifications?

Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 4:53 PM - Response #1

Under Member Functions, have her click on Notify Me and check her settings.

Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 5:14 PM - Response #2

Thank you. I can see my notification options where you told me to look. I don't see that I as administrator have access to the notifications of classmates (not that I want it).

I also don't see on the list an option for notifications about birthdays, which she says she previously got. Where would that be?

Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 5:42 PM - Response #3

You're correct --- As an administrator, you do not have access to the Notify Me settings of classmates.

Birthday notifications are at the very bottom of the Notify Me page. It says, "A Classmate whose profile I'm subscribed to has an upcoming birthday." The choices are Once Daily or Never.

Edited 09/15/22 5:50 PM
Friday, September 16, 2022 at 1:52 PM - Response #4

Lance Benson wrote:

Thank you. I can see my notification options where you told me to look. I don't see that I as administrator have access to the notifications of classmates (not that I want it).

Go to Admin Functions > Statistics, and click on Notify Me Statistics. Click on the count for any category choice's setting (like the count under Immediate for "Pages on the site have been added or updated". Page down to see the list of classmates who have selected that option. Repeat for any other choice/count you want to check. You can see their choices, but you can't change them.

Also, if your classmate is set to receive notify emails that you know have been sent, and since you said that your classmate is not getting notifications he/she used to get, check their email address. Class Creator has still not been able to resolve the bug that popped up after the migration where any member with a Century Link mail address (q.com, Centurylnk.net, etc) no longer displays emails sent from Class Creator in either the inbox or spam bucket. For whatever reason, CenturyLink just ignores anything sent from the default Noreply@Classcreator.net sending address.

Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 3:11 PM - Response #5

I have had the same problem as described above. I noticed when I followed the steps you suggest that there is a place somewhere where a classmate can subscribe to another classmate to get the various notifications that are available. Any idea where that spot is where classmates can subscribe to another?

Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 3:11 PM - Response #6

I have had the same problem as described above. I noticed when I followed the steps you suggest that there is a place somewhere where a classmate can subscribe to another classmate to get the various notifications that are available. Any idea where that spot is where classmates can subscribe to another?

Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 3:19 PM - Response #7

Go to Notify Me then scroll down to Profile Subscriptions and check the names of profiles you wish to subscribe to.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.