ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

*=required

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/13/08 12:09 PM Views: 1301 Replies: 3
Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 12:09 PM

I am trying to figure out where I would activate this symbol .
I have a few classmates being sneaky and not inputting any information other than an email address... which is ok, but as the chairman for our reunion committee and for my purpose of record keeping I need to know at least what state they are residing in... how does one activate the
" * " to make it required??

Thanks,
Raquel

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 12:34 PM - Response #1

If you're successful, good luck! I sent out personal emails with the website link, so I stated email and physical address is required... Oh, it was filled out, but it was alot of:

123 I Ain't Telling You Dr.

and so forth...

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 12:35 PM - Response #2

so far I've only had one member not fill in the info needed to snail mail notices to. Hopefully, he'll always have the same email address. Makes you wonder that after "all this time" why they would be 'hiding' and from 'who'? In my "1" case, I wonder if this one isn't hiding from child support. There were 2 kids and the ex passed from cancer as did the grandmother that was raising the 2. I guess there could be 'reasons'. I sure don't want "required" on my classmates profiles. I know some that were in an abusive relationship and would not want to be 'found', thus they wouldn't comply. Just because they can 'check a box' doesn't mean that others couldn't unintentionally leak their personal info. Just my view.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 5:27 PM - Response #3

If you make something required in your Survey Maker, Reunion Planner, or Profile Generator, the * symbol automatically appears in front of your question to indicate the field is requied. Of course, as stated above that doesn't stop somebody from typing in a bunch of jibborish. So what you make required, and how effective that probes to be, that's up to you. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.