ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

wish to buy domain name at godaddy

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/27/10 11:28 AM Views: 2222 Replies: 7
Monday, December 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM

if I buy a new domain for our class, what steps do i follow to be sure all info i have just set up here does not get lost?

What steps do I follow once the domain is set up?
Please be very specific so I follow it step by step

thank you!

Monday, December 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM - Response #1

If you buy the domain name at www.classnames.net, the domain name come preconfigured for the site and all you need to do is add the domain name to the Register Domain page of your site to complete the hook up.

If you buy the domain elsewhere, you will need the following information to configure the domain name:

Repointing Domain Names:
If you wish to point your domain name directly to your Class Creator web site, please go into your domain manager at your existing Registrar and add the following IP address to the A record: 69.41.171.62. This will link your domain name to your Class Creator web site. If you need assistance please call your Registrar by phone and read them the above instructions and they will be able to assist you. Please note that the ONLY thing you need to change at your Registrar is your A record. You do not need to change anything else, such as nameservers. After you've done this log into your class web site, click the "Register Domain" link, and type in your domain name and then click the Activate Domain Name button. This will link up your domain name from your Registrar to your Class Creator web site and you'll be all set.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 12:01 PM - Response #2

Al, we just converted to a godaddy domain and it took two calls to them to get it to work. I did as Scott suggested and added an A record for CC however nothing happened. When we tried to use the godaddy domain it defaulted to a godaddy web page. The first tech I spoke to at godaddy assured me everything looked fine and that it took at least 48 hours to replicate. I waited and still nothing so I called them back. This time the tech said I needed to delete my previous attempt and merely edit my A record to reflect the CC IP address. Moral: Don't assume they know what they are talking about at godaddy.com. If you don't get what you want, elevate till you get somebody that knows.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 12:05 PM - Response #3

Jim Foster wrote:

Moral: Don't assume they know what they are talking about at godaddy.com.

Smile No comment, but funny. Smile

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 1:42 AM - Response #4

Jim Foster wrote:

Al, we just converted to a godaddy domain and it took two calls to them to get it to work.

You lucked out, Jim. They told me they were "not allowed to" when I called. It's not that I can't do it myself but another classmate bought the domain and so his info is on the godaddy account. I can only get in the "back end" which is the webhosting area. ha ha ha. They didn't like it when I said we weren't using them as webhost.
So, now I have to get the password from the classmate so I can redirect it over here.........Shocked

Edited 04/19/11 1:45 AM
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 4:51 PM - Response #5

I had the same problem, however my classmate responded quickly and I was able to log in and take care of business.Very Happy I find when dealing with tech support if at first you don't succeed, ask for 'Tier 2'. Anyway your link appears to be workin' fine. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 8:55 PM - Response #6

Scott, Does CC support multiple domain names using the method you described? IOW, to be clear, can I add Bothell1961.COM name in addition to Bothell61.COM

Thursday, April 21, 2011 at 9:56 AM - Response #7

Yes you can. The way that would be set up would be to have a primary domain name and set up the second domain name to forward to the primary.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.