ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Did You Remove This Option?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/21/13 04:40 PM Views: 1049 Replies: 6
Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM
You have reached a password protected page.docx

I was wondering if you guys remove the option for new members to JOIN without their names being there. I had chosen that option for my site recently and new members signed up without having to bother me and I loved it.

Now it seem that option is not available anymore because about 6 people wrote asking for SYSTEM PASSWORD. Also I believe that option of new members seeing the System Pssword option should be removed when they click join, because as soon as they see it, they ask for it and not think to join.
I have included a 'print screen' of what I see when I log out and click JOIN.

Edited 09/21/13 4:42 PM
Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM - Response #1

The option is still right there on your Preferences page. You have everything set up correctly.

What's not really set up correctly is the Password Protected screen. Well, it was set up correctly. But the system has changed enough since that time that it needs a redo. There's actually a whole other thread in these forums just about that topic alone. But the bottom line is we've created a new Password Protected screen that will be implemented shortly that will put this type of confusion to rest. Bottom line for now is people can still join at will on your site. If people ask you for the System Password between now and getting the new screen implemented please tell them to simply go to your home page and click the Join link.

Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 6:37 PM - Response #2

Brad, Thanks for your reply but the answer does not solve my problem.
If you click on the link I posted above and you will see there is no option to join.
I logged out and try to join, when I click join, above is what I see. There are three options. One for system password, login or send an email to site admin. I do not see the screen to fill out your information to join the site.
It's actually past students who are trying to join, inform me the cannot find anyway to do so. After the sixth one today I took a look and they are correct.
Don't know if it is anything I did. I looked all about but couldn't find anything that could fix that
Thanks

Edited 09/21/13 6:39 PM
Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM - Response #3

Carol,

Your CLASSMATE PROFILES page is password protected. That is why classmates are asking for a System Password. If you unlock your Classmate Profiles page, then at the top of your "Alumni List" page you would see this code that is there to add people to the list:

Select year of graduation. If your year isn't displayed and you want to join, add yourself here. Guest Members are listed below.

When you password protected your Classmate Profiles ("Alumni List") page, you should have seen this text:
Password protecting your Classmate Profiles page will make it
impossible for Classmates to join your site unless they know
your system password in advance, and is generally not recommended.
Each Classmate already has the ability to allow only fellow Classmates
to view his or her Profile (this will keep both the public and
search engines out). If you would like to increase security on
your site, check out the New Classmate Access Rights section
of your Preferences area. If you wish to password protect your
Classmate Profiles page anyway, here is the general procedure
to follow:

1) Enter all Classmate names you have into your site.
2) Password protect your Classmate Profiles page.
3) Send a blast email to your Classmates giving them your system
password so they can get into the Classmate Profiles page, click
on their own name, and create an account.

If you password protect your Classmates Profiles page and you
do not provide your Classmates your system password in advance,
you will receive numerous emails from your Classmates asking
you for your system password so they can join your site.

Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 5:39 AM - Response #4

I had the same thing happen. The system must have password protected mine, because earlier in the month a classmate joined with no problem and last week another asked for a password. When I checked just now, sure enough the Classmates Profile page was password protected.

Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM - Response #5

Thanks Kyle, that is the answer to solve the problem. I checked and the profile page was password protected through no action of mine. I would never do that because I know that is how classmates join.

Donald, I bet ours is not the only ones with that problem, others just do not know yet.
I am also wondering which other pages are also PP, I guess I will have to check.
Problem solved.

Edited 09/22/13 10:41 AM
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM - Response #6

The password protected pages have been updated. Please go to them to check out how they now appear.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.