ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Changing graduation year

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/24/08 04:04 PM Views: 1372 Replies: 7
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Hi. We are having a decade reunion and I can't figure out how to put the proper year that everybody graduated. Everyone is showing they graduated in 81. Can you help me correct this? Thank you!!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:13 PM - Response #1

Where are you seeing the year? I didn't know there was an option to change to year....anyone else know?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:13 PM - Response #2

Where are you seeing the year? I didn't know there was an option to change to year....anyone else know?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:18 PM - Response #3

I just saw this. It looks like it is tied to the year you used to register the class on Class Creator. I am not sure what is going on. Perhaps Brad is updating something. I have heard in the future there will be an option to show classmates from multiple years. Perhaps he is working on it.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 4:30 PM - Response #4

When I signed up it didn't offer a choice for multiple year reunions, so I picked 81 and just realized today that everybody is listed as 81. I know that when I have the sight up and running, people are going to start letting me know they are listed in the wrong year so I thought I better fix it before I start getting pounded with emails! Smile

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 5:16 PM - Response #5

This is a new Class Creator feature that went live only about an hour ago. You can read about it here.

If you are running a single year site and saw the "Class Year" column when editing your page, sorry about that, that was just a little snafu as we were taking the new multi system live. That column is now gone, unless you change your site to multi, in which case it will come back. And yes, if you do this, then you will indeed need to go into each Classmate's record and update their year of graduation.

Edited 09/24/08 5:17 PM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 6:30 PM - Response #6

I am very new creating our website and I had a problem with multiple years of garduation, so what I did was right after editing the last name I put a comma and apostrophe then the year. Example: John Doe, '56.
Hope it helps.

Edited 09/24/08 6:30 PM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 6:56 PM - Response #7

Right... Because before today, there was no feature for creating multi year sites. But, now there is. Thus if you wish to upgrade your site to the new multi format you can do that.

Since you were already using the system for multiple graduating years, in your case the main advantage of upgrading to multi would be that you can display your Classmates on your Classmate Profiles page by graduating year, instead of one gigantic list with multiple years like it is now. I think you're getting away with it more or less because you don't have a huge # of Classmates, but for many schools a similar structure would produce a Classmate Profiles page with Classmates numbering in the thousands.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.