ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

It is over

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/27/09 08:10 AM Views: 1489 Replies: 5
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Our 50th reunion is over and I wanted to thank the class creator crew and especially Brad for extraordinary help and a wonderful template for a reunion website. Being an older class I was not expecting the site to be used much. But as people joined they urged others to join and we ended up with 70% of the class using the website. And I ended up learning a fair amount about html, third party plug-ins etc. I had a HUGE number of classmates who sought me out to complement the site. Several classmates said that they would sign in first thing in the morning to see what may have changed and who was now there. There was apparently a lot of emailing back and forth as classmates found each other. And some who came to the reunion said that they would not have done so without the website connecting them with others.

Barbara of the Walnut Hills Class of 1959, Cincinnati

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 11:14 AM - Response #1

70%! That's fantastic. Congratulations on your successful reunion.

One of the hidden benefits of running a class web site is you wind up learning all kinds of things about computers, html, plugins, etc. as you mentioned. Those skills will come in handy with many other things you do with computers.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 11:57 AM - Response #2

Amen! Classcreators enabled us to reach several classmates we haven't heard from in 45 years. We've had close to a 60% profile rate (which would even be higher if the handwritten profiles I typed in showed up in the statistics). People were happy to get emails from other classmates. Several people attended the reunion who would not have come if they had not received the encouragement from others through this web site. Everyone who responded to the reunion survey asked that the web site be continued and they check it several times a week. And it's been a fun learning experience for me.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM - Response #3

Ditto Brad! We just finished our 40th reunion in California. It was a great success and I got a standing ovation. It should have been you standing up there!

Now for the post-reunion survey... Speaking of which, thank you for all the tools you provided. I know that besides the site itself reuniting people and helping build enthusiasm for the reunion, the ability to register and pay on-line really helped too.

I included questions on the registration page asking what activities attendees were participating in, where they were staying, whether they were ordering a Memory Book and/or our fundraiser cookbook, etc. We developed a spreadsheet from those answers (also showing whether people were paid up)and had it at the registration table - it was great to have all of that information on hand.

Thank you again for your great work!
Retha
www.lasplumas69.com

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 4:56 PM - Response #4

PS- I think we have 52% of our classmates participating in the website. Our class was 215 and I think 26 are deceased. We aren't up as high as the previous people who wrote, but I still think it's a good percentage. I'd be interested to hear from them how large their classes were.

Thanks,
Retha

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 5:05 PM - Response #5

Fantastic! I wish I could have been there in California to see you get that standing ovation. That must have been fun.

Edited 10/27/09 5:06 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.