ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Edit Site Page Suggestion

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/24/08 03:42 PM Views: 1441 Replies: 4
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Brad:

I know this is nit-picking (and a lower priority request) but I find myself going to the to "edit site pages" most often in order to tinker with the home page (i.e. submit a new poll, change an announcement, etc.).

And the home page line is at the bottom of the list. So you have to scroll down to that line to get there.

I was thinking it would be better suited at the top of the list. What do you think?

Charlie

Edited 09/24/08 6:00 PM
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 5:33 PM - Response #1

AMEN Brother!!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 6:07 PM - Response #2

In order to make it easy to find your links, they are arranged on that page in the exact same order they are arranged on your site itself.

On the task list is creating the ability to rename all site links, and reorder all link positions. When we get to that, you can place your home page link wherever your little heart desires.

Edited 09/24/08 6:08 PM
Monday, January 5, 2009 at 4:24 PM - Response #3

When do you think that you'll have the option to re-order links ready to roll out? As we add things to the site, I can foresee a real need to do this.

Monday, January 5, 2009 at 9:01 PM - Response #4

It's a ways down the road still, as we're currently working on some more pressing features, like the final Preferences page features. Link sorting, which also includes several other new things we'll be doing at the same time, require a major overhaul to every one of the designs. Thus we're currently working on a litany of other faster items first. It's comin' though, probably second quarter.

To be perfectly frank, my biggest oversight when starting up Class Creator was not forseeing that people would want to control absolutely everything. And I do mean everything. Anything we tried to "can" got axed down pretty quickly. Virtually everything is under the direct control of Admins now though. I think the last two biggies out there are the navigational link sorting module, and the home page module box sorting mechanism. We'll hit both of those at the same time.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.