ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Links

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/11/09 10:24 AM Views: 1319 Replies: 6
Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Is there a place that explains how having another site linked to our works? Since we are the site for 1925-present when someone is having a reunion they might want to link with us. I do want them to have too much informaiont or would I want to create more work for myself. Thanks

Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 12:13 PM - Response #1

Any other site wanting to link to your site can simply link to www.bensalemowls.org. Any Webmaster will know how to set up the link on their site. Of course if you want to link your site to any other site, you can easily do so by selecting some text on your site, clicking your chain link icon, and entering the web address.

Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 12:36 PM - Response #2

OK so it is just a link. I was thinking that they would be connected somehow. That is, share our data etc. I guess what I will do is create a tab with all years links. Have you ever thought about creating a sub site that would use the same data?

Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 12:52 PM - Response #3

Can you explain exactly what you're envisioning?

Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 3:49 PM - Response #4

I am not sure exactly. Like I said I would not want to create more work for myself. But, something like a master-slave thing. I could pull from the slave as needed but not vice versa unless allowed. Each year would be their own indepdent site under one umbrella. The differance (as I see) would be that everyone would have to enter on our site to get to the others. Then when they go to their year it might all be separate. They could upload pertint infor for just their year like pictures, songs etc. Just like they were in school. they only people there are the who was in school at the time. -I am just thinking out loud.

Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 8:35 PM - Response #5

There are two different structures for alumni sites:

1) An all inclusive site like your own, where everything happens under one umbrella and one main web address.

2) A network of single year sites tied together by 1 master alumni site.

For #2, later this year we will be creating a school repository feature where sevearl things will happen. For instance teachers can join at the root level and then particiapte in all single year networked sites.

Much more to come on all of this late this summer.

Monday, April 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM - Response #6

#2 is what I had in mind. I am looking forward to see the new items.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.