ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Marketplace

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/19/09 08:04 PM Views: 1495 Replies: 6
Sunday, July 19, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I have been asked to put up a page for people to list things they want to sell (a classmate who has produced a CD and wants to sell it), or services people will perform (construction guy will do additions, sunrooms, etc. I'm trying to come up with a catchy phrase as an intro to this page but I don't have a clue what to put without it sounding cheesy. Any suggestions?

Betsy

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 5:37 AM - Response #1

Betsy...

There are endless possibilities, but how about something as simple as "Services Offered"? Sometimes keeping things simple and not over thinking the issue is the best solution. Smile

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 7:11 AM - Response #2

Thanks Doug. I looked at your site and saw your "Donate" box on your home page. How did you do that? I am collecting donations but I would like to set mine up like yours. I already have the "Donate" button which goes right to PayPal, but I want it in a box on the right side like yours.

Thanks... Betsy

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 8:54 AM - Response #3

Hi Betsy...

Your already on the right track with your donation box. Just do this to finish it -
Go to Edit Site Pages...
Then to Edit Home Page
Now on the red and green arrows for the order of your items, move your "Donate" box up to just under your "Who's Online Now" box. That will take care of the visibility issue. Now, to add the names of all your classmates who have donated, simply click "Manage Donations" (your still in Edit Home Page at this point) and you can now add their names to the list (with bullets if your prefer like I did) under where you have the wording "Thanks to all contributors (so far) for making this site possible". That should do it. Very Happy

Monday, July 20, 2009 at 9:03 AM - Response #4

Thanks - I moved it up. So far I only have one person who has donated, but several more have promised donations. I thought I would wait until a few more donate, then start the list of who has donated.

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 7:22 AM - Response #5

Hello Betsy,

I did something similar on my site by having a separate page entitled Buy, Sell & Exchange that allowed people to advertise items for sale, items they were looking to buy and items they wanted to exchange for something else. Due to a temporary (I hope!) shortage of pages I've now had to incorporate it into a page called Any Other Business. Ideally, I'll go back to a separate page soon.

What helps is, if you don't password protect it people just searching the internet for a particular item can see the page as well and make offers if contact details are there. That's happened to me a couple of times.

Good luck.
Mark

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 7:43 AM - Response #6

Mark - What a great idea. I hope you don't mind, I even stole the name - changed my Marketplace to Buy, Sell & Exchange. Now let's see if people will use it.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!
Betsy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.