ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

A Current Date Variable

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/06/13 02:01 PM Views: 1154 Replies: 12
Sunday, October 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Is there a variable for the current date similar to the $first_name$ variable?

Monday, October 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM - Response #1

No, however this can be done via the script on the following page: https://facultystaff.richmond.edu/~creamer/web/js/date.html Just copy and paste the code into your source.

Just don't use the script in an email.. the email will be blocked.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:59 AM - Response #2

Scott,
The current date script worked fine until after the Saturday 12th upgrade.
After the upgrade I noticed a mis-spelled name in one of my announcement (I didn't notice if the current date was displayed or not at this time) and so I edited it. After selecting Save and Leave the Page, I viewed the announcement on the Home Page and noticed the current date was missing. I went back and viewed the Source and the current date script was still there. Nothing else was changed.
Could the upgrade have affected this?

Monday, October 14, 2013 at 11:21 AM - Response #3

Scott,
I don't know what happened but the code got scrambled when I saved it after editing the mis-spelled name. I swear I didn't even go near the current date routine because I didn't edit in Source mode.
I found "invalidtag" statements around the current date code and after revamping the code back to the original, things work as before.
My problem is solved but I still don't know how or why it was changed from when it was first entered into the source.

Monday, October 14, 2013 at 5:22 PM - Response #4

Not sure why it scrambled. But I am glad it is working now.

Monday, October 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM - Response #5

That was a bug in the editor. It was removing all script tags and I think also embed stuff.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 3:34 PM - Response #6

Earl - remove the script from the editor and add a fresh copy and paste of it back. It should work now.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM - Response #7

Scott,
After I found the 'invalidtag' I edited the source and replaced both 'invalidtag's with 'SCRIPT'. The editor must have been fixed by then because it has worked ever since.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 4:35 PM - Response #8

Ah - good to hear.

Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM - Response #9

I have had a date variable at the top of my home page for a few months. It has worked fine until now. Fortunately I have saved the script in a Word document because every time I edit my home page I lose my variable date and have to copy and paste the script code again. Why is this happening?

Thanks.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM - Response #10

We had an update over the weekend to the Editor. I will inquire with the programmer to see if your issue is due to the new editor.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM - Response #11

It does seem to be working okay this week. I have edited the home page a couple times and have not lost my date.

Thanks.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM - Response #12

This issue has been fixed.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.