ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Need help with In Memory problem

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/22/21 04:54 PM Views: 267 Replies: 2
Monday, March 22, 2021 at 4:54 PM

I need your help. In our graduating class, we had a set of identical twin boys - or they were identical to many of us. John and Jim Salem. John recently passed away. Jim is still alive. I selected John to go into the In Memory page which included his graduation photo - or, at least, I thought that was his graduation photo. I found out today that 50 plus years ago when our yearbook was produced, their photos were interchanged. Jim got John's photo, and vice versa. So the photo on John's In Memory page is actually of his brother Jim. Many comments have been already posted to John's page. So how can I change the photos without losing the comments from John's In memory page? Can you help me change their photos and correct this mistake that happened so long ago in our yearbook? BTW, I wasnt' on the yearbook staff. HELP!!

Monday, March 22, 2021 at 5:51 PM - Response #1

Since In Memory displays a photo from the classmate's profile which was designated "Yearbook" (if there is one) you'll need to switch yearbook photos in the profiles.

If you're the one who originally uploaded them - and still have them, you're already halfway there. You can use Manage Classmates to go to their profile, click on their Photos icon, and add/upload the correct photo. Then, go back to the profile view, put your cursor on their Yearbook photo and click on "Select Photo" to reference the new one. Assuming that works, you can go back to their photos and delete the 'wrong' one.

If you don't have the original yearbook photos, you'll need to go to their profiles, display the existing yearbook photo and download it before beginning the uploads.

Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 8:00 AM - Response #2

Thank you, John!!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.