ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Foreign Classmate email address

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/31/11 04:34 PM Views: 1405 Replies: 15
Monday, October 31, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Hi,
I have a classmate who lives in Greece and has a Yahoo email address that ends in .gr rather than .com. When she attempts to join and create a login she can't move past page 1 because of an error message claiming the email address is invalid. I'm trying to register her myself (at her request), but get the same thing. Is there a work around? She should be able to access the website. Thanks.

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 5:30 PM - Response #1

Hi Carmela,

This is something we have not run into before, but I suspect that the tools we use to make email addresses are legitimate are not taking into account the .gr domain.

We'll ask our programmers to take a look at it and hopefully have it fixed for you shortly.

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 5:58 PM - Response #2

I have suggested she try to set up a gmail account and see if it ends in .com and not gr. I'm not familiar enough with too many different national addresses, but I do know that soon the industry will be doing away with many of the standards and allowing all kinds of different endings; or so I've heard. What then?

Anyway, until then, or if the .com isn't doable, how soon do you think something like this might take to resolve. I can't believe we're the first with a different email address ending! There have to be some .ca for Canadians...

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 12:37 PM - Response #3

Can you tell us the exact email address that failed validation, and what the content of the error is? We'd also like to know if the error was a popup, or a note within the page itself.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 1:24 PM - Response #4

Her email address is lenkord12754@yahoo.g?r. It's a popup window - "message from webpage;" though in fairness, I really don't know what a note within the page itself would look like.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 1:29 PM - Response #5

was her e-mail lenkord12754@yahoo.gr or lenkord12754@yahoo.g?r

Notice the "?" in the 2nd one.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 2:59 PM - Response #6

Oh wow, my cursor must have gone nuts there. the end is .gr

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 2:59 PM - Response #7

and did ".gr" not work?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM - Response #8

no.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM - Response #9

I suspect the classmate us trying to log in without having registered first. The email is not rejected when I paste it in. You may need to direct your classmate to the Profiles list and have her click on her name there to register.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 6:56 PM - Response #10

That's not correct. I attempted to register her myself (as if I was her, with her permission), filled out what I could and when I clicked on continue to page 2 it gave me the invalid email address popup. I also, attemptd to register her through the Profiles list, as you are suggesting. She did say, that when she attempted to register, she was able to get through page 3, but when gets kicked back. I will attempt it again. But, I was successful with my own registration, as others have been. It's only with this foreign one we're having difficulty with.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 7:03 PM - Response #11

Okay, here's what happens now. I've managed to get the email address in and have identified the country as Greece, with no address entered. Moved to page 2 and added her children, moved to page 3 and got a message on the top of the page that we're sorry but an error has occured and you have to reenter everything, because it's bounced me back to page 1. That is the other problem she was having. Is there a way you can try to recreate this to see what the heck is going on?

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 9:04 PM - Response #12

Carmela Dalton wrote:

Okay, here's what happens now. I've managed to get the email address in and have identified the country as Greece, with no address entered. Moved to page 2 and added her children, moved to page 3 and got a message on the top of the page that we're sorry but an error has occured and you have to reenter everything, because it's bounced me back to page 1. That is the other problem she was having.

Interestingly enough this is what happened to me several times when I tried to register on TAP, The Administrator's Place site over the weekend. Finally just gave up.

Edited 11/01/11 9:06 PM
Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 8:42 AM - Response #13

I have registered her. The problem is not the e-mail address, but the COUNTRY field. When I left it as USA, no problems. When I changed it to GREECE, the "We're sorry, you must reenter everything" error message occurred.

I will have the programmers look into this, but at least now, she can use the website.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM - Response #14

Thank you. Hopefully, the administrators can work it out soon. We'd love to be able to correctly address her mail, in the hopes it would actually get delivered! Smile

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 4:15 PM - Response #15

Thanks for reporting this issue. The programmer has said this is fixed. When I went in to this classmate's DETAILS page, I was able to set the country to "Greece" with no problems. You should be able to set the full address if you want to.

However, If the classmate wants her address to show up for other classmates to see, I would recommend you have HER set her address because if the admin sets the address, it is private information for the admin only to see. If the classmate sets the address fields, and they give permission for other classmates to see the address fields, then they are visible.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.